Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

The Man inside the Costume

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

cuteandfurry
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 1987

The Man inside the Costume

Post by cuteandfurry »

Hey everyone I'm very pleased to be apart of a community who adores the furry alien as much as me, I've loved ALF since I was a child, and to this day I still have my ALF doll. For my question I was wanting to know if anyone knew anything about the man inside the costume. Mihaly Michu Mesazors was his name that is all I have and the internet does me no justice because not alot of imformation about him is on there, my other question is why was he not creditied as AlF? thank you so much.
Hello is this Mr. Ochmonek? Oh jolly good. I'm doing a survey for the B.B.C and wondering if you would like to answer some questions.
twangle

Re: The Man inside the Costume

Post by twangle »

I think alfanantic can answer that :?:
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

cuteandfurry,

In response to your first question, review following Topic links supplying additional Member information about "Michu Meszaros":

http://www.alftv.net/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=749

http://www.alftv.net/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=692

In answer to your second question, I recall reading articles in the "Trades" (way back at time of original ALF TV Series) reporting that Meszaros' contract to play ALF in costume was not renewed because of his demands to receive credit as playing ALF. My conjecture as to reasons for non-renewal of Meszaros' contract and decision to dicontinue using any other actor in ALF costume, is show producers realized potential for future legal ramifications of someone claiming rights to the ALF character.

Now a question for you:
Would you be cute if you weren't furry, or would you be furry if you weren't cute?

Welcome to the Forum,

Mike
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

I also have a bio for him, and some pictures, on this website.

http://www.alftv.net/biographies/michumeszaros.html

Perhaps that will provide some additional info.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
cuteandfurry
Cat Wrangler

Post by cuteandfurry »

Thank you, I'm very much obliged for the information. I dig a little more of my own digging, the fact he spent much of his time with the Ringling bros is very neat indeed. I went to one of their shows when I was about five, don't remeber much of it, I'm not fond of clowns. Besides the circus there is really not much else, he must have been a very private man. Was the rumor of his death ever confirmed? with a response to being cute or furry right now I would rather be furry than cute (lol) it's so cold.
Hello is this Mr. Ochmonek? Oh jolly good. I'm doing a survey for the B.B.C and wondering if you would like to answer some questions.
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Post by ALFan »

Nice info.
-ALFan-
cuteandfurry
Cat Wrangler

Post by cuteandfurry »

For anyone interested to know, Mr. Meszaros has a myspace account. Is it really him, hard to tell these days, there are pictures there that are not posted on the internet. Apprently he was married because one of his wedding pictures is on there, anyway it's very cool if anyone wants to check it out. It's under Michu.
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

Wow! I'm going to have to start a MySpace account, contact him, and see if he'll do an interview!!!

Thanks for the info! Here's the link for everyone to check it out.

http://www.myspace.com/mihalymeszaros
Gordo
Phlegm Dealer

Post by Gordo »

I'm not 100% sure, but i think that Myspace was a fan one, worth a try tho. From what i'd heard, people in the "business" have not heard of him for years and assume he passed away, but its nothing confirmed.
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

Even if it's a fan site, it's pretty elaborate and detailed...which would lead me to believe that the person who created the site (with or without Michu's knowledge) knows a great deal about him (age, current location, and most likely whether he is still alive).

All in all, there is NO hard proof that he is dead...
From what i'd heard, people in the "business" have not heard of him for years and assume he passed away, but its nothing confirmed.
I haven't heard from my cousin in several years...but I shouldn't assume that just because she has "dropped off the face of the Earth" that she is dead.

Just my 2 cents...I could be wrong though.
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

I was just thinking...perhaps Michu has a stalker??? :lol:
cuteandfurry
Cat Wrangler

Post by cuteandfurry »

I know you were clowning (lol) but what would make you think he's a stalker, anyway my intial thought exactly when I came accross his profile too detailed to be the work of a fan, and if it is a fan the fan must have close ties with Mr. Meszaros. In response to him being deceased I was scanning the internet and came upon a sweedish article dating back to April 2008 and it came from this forum, he was pictured with Mr. Michael Jackson, now mind you and no pun inteded toward anyone, if Mr. Meszaros is deceased Mr. Jackson would have written a long diatrope in commeration of Mr. Meszaros. Reason I say that is because him and Mr. Jackson have worked closely together, Mr. Meszaros has appeared in a few of Mr. Jacksons pepsi commercials. I have one of those commercials on my myspace profile. He has also been seen at what used to be Mr. Jacksons neverland ranch dating back to 2007. If your really wanting to know if Mr. Meszaros is deceased, death records are public, look in California or Hungary where he was born.

On the Internet Movie Database the same subject was brought to light, Is Mr. Meszaros Deceased? one person claimed to have spotted him in theater and one claimed to have met him at a party. This was dated back in 2007 as well. Is this true, well some have been know to tell stories in their life, but who am I to say they are not telling the truth.
cuteandfurry
Cat Wrangler

Post by cuteandfurry »

My apologies, I should really pay attention to what I'm reading, you said maybe Michu has a stalker. The idea is ceartainly funny.
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

Maybe :lol:
-ALFan-
Gordo
Phlegm Dealer

Post by Gordo »

Admin wrote: All in all, there is NO hard proof that he is dead...
You are absolutely right, i'm just saying that its not just fan rumours that he passed away but it may all be completely wrong. He might even have retired back to his home country and thats why nobodys heard much. He hasn't worked since about 2002, and the reports mentioned here regarding Michael Jackson may have been written recently but the events actually happened around late 1990's so its a mystery really whats happened to him. Very strange that no journalist has tried to look him up tho.
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

Yes it is strange.Admin,next time you could get in contact with Paul Fusco,could you see if he knows anything?
-ALFan-
cuteandfurry
Cat Wrangler

Post by cuteandfurry »

Okay since mine and everyone else's curiousity is obviously not put to rest on the subject matter, call me a little bit out there but I went on a limb and did a persons search. And with my major credit card I was able to obtain his address, phone number, and actual date of birth. I won't disclose the number or the actual address but he resides in Beverly hills, his birthday is 10/01/39, and according to records he's very much alive. I'm starting to feel like a little bit of a stalker, invading someones privacy is not my idea of good times. I just wanted to know if he was still alive like all of you wanted to know.

My best guesse is he's living a quiet life and why the media is not breaking there necks to chase him down, well he is not exactly an A list actor. If you were the media and you had the chance to chase down oh let's throw a name out there Kiefer Sutherland, what would the public in general want an actor that did a good job in a Alf costume from the 80's or an action hero know as Jack Bauer. It would be safe to say your action hero has hands down, I understand there are people who genuinely care of the where abouts of Mr. Meszaros, and it's sad to say that not enough people care enough to stir up a media phrenzy over him. But anyway if you all want to see for yourself where I got the information send me a message, I must admit I'm on the fence about the entire situation. I don't want to be responsible for a mans life getting stirred up, and carry the title psycho fan. My reason was innocent I just wanted to know he was okay. It's not like I'm going to call him up and say hey Michu you don't know me but I was wondering if you would like to hang out sometime. I provided you with an answer and I hope you guys leave it at that, looking it up yourself is on you. I hope you guys can understand where my stand point is in being a little bit nervous.
Gordo
Phlegm Dealer

Post by Gordo »

Well its great to know he's alive, yeah maybe he just retired and has kept away from the showbiz world. He is nearly 70 after all.
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

Great info,Thanks.
-ALFan-
cuteandfurry
Cat Wrangler

Post by cuteandfurry »

Your more than welcome, I really wanted to know and that was the last thing I could think of to do. I knew when I was doing it, the idea was kind of silly. But when one wants to know information, they scramble to get it. Worst things have happen, fans will get that kind of information about a celeb and go all out with it. I have personally always been intrigued by peoples acttidues towards celebrities, what is so big about wanting to hassel them. They are people just like you and me, I have come up with a million scenarios in my head. Wanting to say hi if you happen to be standing right next to one, asking politely for an autograph, searching information about them on the internet, all that is fine. But when you have a crzaed fan who gets tipped off of there whereabouts personal info ect... and they break their necks to get to them, that is pushing it a bit.