Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Uncut DVDs

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Re: Uncut DVDs

Post by melmacian56 »

If you was reading up on it then you would be reading it in German lol
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Post by Blinky »

melmacian56 wrote:If you was reading up on it then you would be reading it in German lol

yea i just read page 2 of this thread and seen the german, ill try google translator.
"Don't look back. Something might be broken." ―Grandpa Satchel
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Post by ALFan »

Where we could order a Region 2 DVD Player?
-ALFan-
MichaS
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1988

Post by MichaS »

Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Post by Blinky »

i have another few questions:

whats the difference in the sound on these new dvds?
"Languages: German DD 2.0, English DD 1.0, French DD 2.0, Spanish DD 2.0, Czech DD 2.0"

will these be released on blu ray the same time?
or would we have to wait a very long time and have slim chance of gettin uncut dvds on blu ray?

thanks
"Don't look back. Something might be broken." ―Grandpa Satchel
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

The difference lies within the numer you see. Now I am not an expert on this but I'm pretty sure the number you see after the language is the quality and version number. The DD stands for Dolby Digital. Now I have found with 1.0 audio on DVD's that you have to turn up the volume a little louder then normal to be able to hear the audio really well. I have experienced that with a few TV DVD releases over the years. 1.0 audio is pretty much the original audio tracks unedited. Now if anything I said previously is incorrect then somebody correct me haha. Im no master but this is what I have learned and experienced. As it looks the English audio tracks on this release will be 1.0. I also just realized that the North American releases of ALF had 2.0 DD audio so this German release will be of a little lower quality. Im not going to complain though because it's awesome this release even has English audio.

As to Blu-Ray release of ALF. I'm not saying it would be impossible to happen but I see a very slim chance of the ALF series being released here in North America on Blu-Ray. I would love for it to happen but the chances just seem so slim. Now Warner Bros. in Germany may pull a bunny out of the hat and release ALF on Blu-Ray. That would be really cool. Now people are probably gonna disagree with my thoughts on ALF on Blu-Ray but you gotta think of it this way. Releasing ALF on Blu-Ray would probably cost even more then cleaning up the original episodes and releasing them on regular DVD. So I couldn't see LionsGate going through with that.
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
jantje
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: my early childhood

Post by jantje »

My birthday is in October. This will be a perfect present for me. :)

As for the 1.0 English sound, it seems they have the German audience in mind. Anyway, I'm extremely happy about this release. (I hope seasons 2-4 will also come out uncut.)
MichaS
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1988

Post by MichaS »

The final info's to the German release of ALF Season 1
http://www.dvd-reviews-online.com/?p=63
jantje
Cat Wrangler

Post by jantje »

melmacian56 wrote:Yes they are. On the North American release episodes would run from 20-22 minutes. So everyone who can get a hold of this new release is getting the real deal.
So the syndicated episodes are just 2-4 minutes shorter than the originals? I thought they had cut out more. No problem, though, I still want this new release.

By the way, does anybody know if the other three seaons would be released, too? That would be logical, but who knows...
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

No special features on this new release, unfortunately :(
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
pacman23
Cat Wrangler

Post by pacman23 »

here a reply about the letter email that was in german .. i read and talk german lol so i can translate

thank you very much for your e-mail and the therewith connected interest in our products

Actually a DVD publication of ALF is planned this year. I cannot name you however to the present
moment yet the exact appointment. I would ask you therefore to have something patience and to inform myself
in the specialty shop about publication appointments
because this is furnished by us with relevant information.

With kind regards your WHV customer service team
" nevermind the curtains put me out !! "
pacman23
Cat Wrangler

Post by pacman23 »

so these are the uncut dvds .. hmm if so i may get them and see how they are ..

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B002G5U1SS?tag= ... 6M2MHF74F1&

has anyone bought them yet

as for the dvd region there are sites that let some dvd players change there region and make it region 0 so it wil play everything thing wiht jsut useing hte remote... all u need to know waht brand and model number dvd player u have .. its worth a try

oh i also found and old tape the the show Whiz Kids

and i believe the daughter was in it also .. il haveto watch it and see .. great find .. well il check back later
" nevermind the curtains put me out !! "
jantje
Cat Wrangler

Post by jantje »

Could someone who speaks German summarize those negative 1-star reviews on the Amazon site? I really wanna know what those people complain about. The DVD is not even out yet. :?: :?: :?:
Gordo
Phlegm Dealer

Post by Gordo »

Great news if these are uncut.

Those reviews from Amazon with one star are people saying they have heard these might be the syndicate episodes.

It does list runtimes as 24 minutes each but i thought Warner Bros International Distribution usually use the syndicates as well so i'm very interested to see what will actually end up on the discs. Someone should hopefully post when they actually get them on Sept 4th or get an answer from Warners.

You should be able to play them in the USA using VLC player on the PC. That usually gets past any region codes. These are Pal encoded though, not NTSC so not sure if there is anything to convert that - they may only play in black and white.
jantje
Cat Wrangler

Post by jantje »

Thanks Gordo!

Why would they release the syndicated episodes again? Anyway, I'm not gonna pre-order the stuff, we should really wait until September to see if they are the full episodes or not.
Gordo
Phlegm Dealer

Post by Gordo »

jantje wrote:Thanks Gordo!

Why would they release the syndicated episodes again?
they haven't been released at all in Europe. It could be the uncut eps though, be good to get confirmation.
Gordo
Phlegm Dealer

Post by Gordo »

So the first season seems to be out .... its listing the total runtime as 614 which is less than the American DVD's. I'm very interested in whether these are really uncut and whether there are no german captions on screen during episodes.
SwissAlf
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1989

Post by SwissAlf »

Hi Folks

I'm from Switzerland and since a couple of Days i have the Season 1 Box of Alf. I get it a bit earlier than release date from my online shop.
First sorry for my not so good English. Hope you understand all.

Season 1 is uncut besides 1 Episode.
In Episode 6 "For your eyes only" Warner had to remove the Chipmunks Song because of Music License Problems.

The Rest of the Episodes are full uncut.

@Gordo

You forgot the PAl/NTSC Thing.
The Runtime is in PAL. PAL is 4% faster than NTSC. So its normal that the runtime is shorter.

Like i said..all Episodes are uncut except "For your eyes only" because of the Chipmunks Song.

The thing with the Chipmunks Song is sad but hey...at least we get Alf uncut and not the horrible Syndicated Versions. It's 1 Scene in the whole Season. I can live with that.

Greetings
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Uncut ALF episodes, what a day this is!!!

Welcome by the way, hope you stick around :)
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

SwissALF,

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the insight into the PAL (being 4% faster). I never knew that until now; my knowledge of PAL is limited.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com