Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Is There Any Reason?

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Is There Any Reason?

Post by ALFan »

Besides the fact that maybe there voices have changed,and a very slight chance Paul Fuscoe would do it,why can ALF not come back. Maybe his other planet could have a nucleur explosion. He could live with Lynn's family right. Just something I have been wondering for a while. It probably really could bring ratings up.
-ALFan-
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Re: Is There Any Reason?

Post by Admin »

It definitely would be nice! I doubt most of the cast members would do it though...from what I have read, it sounds like it was difficult to work on the set of ALF.

http://alfshumway0.tripod.com/id4.html

Also, Paul Fusco has expressed some interest (but that was a couple years ago at least) with producing more ALF's Hit Talk Show episodes. My opinion though, nothing will ever come of that...or the ALF movie. Below is a quote from Paul Fusco from a couple years ago.
We are trying to get a ALF movie in the works that would tell of ALF's story on how he got to earth and landed in the Tanners household -- also we might have some interest to produce more ALF TV talk shows....

Nothing is set yet on either projects.
I think a new ALF sitcom (without the Tanner family) would go over very well (with occasional guest appearances by original cast)...that would be my preference.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

I would agree 100%. The chances are very slim though.
-ALFan-
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

I just read the article,and it really makes me wonder if they would even want to sit down and watch the show arter all they went through. I have really never been big into learning about the cast of any show or movie that I like because it makes it seem even more fake.This is the one show I have ever loved,and actually joined a talk forum for.That article really upset me because they all wanted the show over.I have never been an actor so I don't know all the work behind it.All I do know is I would probably be happy that I have made so many people enjoy it. I would would reall love the season to continue,but it won't happen.The chances are like hitting the lottery,slim to none.
-ALFan-
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

Since all Melmacians live to the age of 650, and ALF is only in his 200's, I remain hopeful that there is still a good chance for ALF to make a comeback someday.

Mike
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

You are right,I never thought of that.
-ALFan-
Gordo
Phlegm Dealer

Post by Gordo »

Things are better between all the ALF sitcom guys nowdays ... aside maybe Max, who i don't think would want to be involved in anything, but i don't think its personal. The question really on doing anything "reunion" is how it fits into the storyline of ALF's character - in ALF's world, the Tanners are very much alive and living in Rekjavic, collecting their food parcels. To stick them all on a TV set and do a "this is what you were doing 20 years ago" type show spoils all that maybe.

Although with the talk show and ALF being in Hollywood, there could be the question of does ALF actually KNOW he was acting in a sitcom, even though he is really an alien from the planet Melmac. That would really be the only way of doing a reunion, unless the actors were gonna do it in character. I tend to think maybe its best left alone.
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

I never thought of that.That probably is the best.
-ALFan-
twangle

Post by twangle »

alf is only as strong as we make him. put more e-mails out to tvland. i've done it. thats a start
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

Let's not.
Last edited by ALFan on Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-ALFan-
twangle

Post by twangle »

your right help me. lets start you go to theswitchboard@tvland.com. post your thoughts on how alf will make it on that channel. if you need help wording it, buzz me. ok?
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

No.
Last edited by ALFan on Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-ALFan-
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

I don't want to do this.
Last edited by ALFan on Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-ALFan-
twangle

Post by twangle »

thanks for sending it. well its for all of us
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

You can do what you want though.
Last edited by ALFan on Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-ALFan-
twangle

Post by twangle »

im working on one
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

What is it?
-ALFan-
SinCityMadDucks
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by SinCityMadDucks »

I really think a new sitcom could work. I see Alf having moved on from the Tanners. No different than Frasier moving to Seattle away from Cheers. They should also embrace the adult following they need to appeal to and not try to make it a kiddie product. That "kiddie" overexposure and straying from it's initial appeal helped kill the original. I think it could be great especially if they make it a bit edgier than most would expect. Alf would still have the power one liners, but they could give some other characters laughs too. I almost envision it in the writing style similar to Big Bang Theory. They could have a few characters who are "the funny one". A good balance for an 8pm show. Baptist housewives who sit around looking for TV that angers them won't have too much to complain about but the show can border on the adult themed humor appropriate for that time slot. I'll give this some more thought for more specific story lines.

But I recently got the DVD collection to see if I still thought it was funny. Well, I do and I think it could be quite valid for current TV if handled right and not just recycled. Definitely not a reunion. A NEW Alf set in current time. They would absolutely have to leave behind the cartoon Alf that deteriorated the charm. I'm dreaming here but why not?
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

SinCityMadDucks,

Welcome to the Forum. Dream on!

Agree with you that Tanner family and Cartoons are history, and only possible mention in future ALF production should be to reflect back on the past. As for ALF sharing humor with other characters in a future production, I am fixated on ALF remaining "top banana" and only "Star". Potentially, there could be secondary character, or characters, with far-out, whacky, humorous personalities/lifestyles that afford ALF with ongoing opportunity for "belly laugh" commentary.

Mike
twangle

Post by twangle »

i agree with ALFanatic. keeping alf on top.