Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Editing Your Posts

If you have any questions or comments regarding this forum or website you can post them here. Questions will be responded to promptly by one of the Administrators. Any important news, such as updates and down times, will be posted here as well.

Moderator: Administration Team

Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Editing Your Posts

Post by Admin »

I received a couple private messages regarding editing your own posts. It used to be an option, but right now only Forum Admins and Moderators can edit posts.

Why?

A while back (the exact post eludes me at the moment, but I will continue to look for it), if I recall correctly anyways, we had a problem with a certain member editing their posts AFTER people had responded (making it very difficult to understand what was going on).

HOWEVER, I am willing to give editing of posts another shot (most forums have that option, so it would be nice if we could too).

In summary, even though you will have the ability to edit your posts again (when I found out in the Control Panel how to do it...it's been a while) please remember to READ WHAT YOU WRITE BEFORE YOU POST IT! Sometimes people posts things without thinking, then want to go back and change what they say...well, we can't do that in real life.

Thanks, and sorry for the quick and jumbled post.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Re: Editing Your Posts

Post by melmacian56 »

Thank you very much.
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

melmacian56,

Due to communication problem, neither AxelFokey or I were aware of Admin's decision when we were attempting to offer assistance with location of the "Edit Option" in your posts. Sorry for the confusion, but glad that all members will now be regaining option to edit their personal posts.

I do strongly agree with Admin that any editing of posts should only be for correction of grammar typos, spelling, etc., and not to change or alter content. Up to you to say what you mean, then live with what you said.

ALFanatic - Asst. Admin
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

Yes I totally agree and that is why I want the feature back. Too many typos lately haha
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Due to communication problem, neither AxelFokey or I were aware of Admin's decision when we were attempting to offer assistance with location of the "Edit Option" in your posts. Sorry for the confusion, but glad that all members will now be regaining option to edit their personal posts.
That would be my mistake.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com