Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

My Packers Lost :(

Post anything you want here. This is the place where you get away from it all. In short, this is a forum for "chit-chat" and things of that sort.

Moderator: Administration Team

Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

My Packers Lost :(

Post by Admin »

Well I'm a little bummed out right now...the New York Giants just beat the Green Bay Packers in overtime! To be honest, I thought the Giants didn't stand a chance...I also thought that Eli Manning would have a terrible game.

If there are any Giants fans here at the forum I just want to say congratulations, and that I'll also be cheering for the Giants in two weeks.

As for me, I'm hoping Brett Favre will play another year - I'm already pumped up for next season!
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

Admin.

Not meaning to rub salt into your wounds, but with the game "Favre" played today, you might want to change your mind and hope he does retire, so that ALF can be starting "QB" for "Packers" next year, as suggested in your "Fictional ALF Headline".

Mike
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Yeah, Favre didn't have the greatest game. His biggest weakness (in my opinion) is that he "tries to make something out of nothing." He gets burned almost every time, and it almost always proves costly for the team. It was a combination of things tonight, but that was only one of the reasons they lost. I was also sick to death of the penalties...

You've got to admit one thing though...Aaron Rodgers (Packers backup QB) is getting quite the education! I am certainly hoping it pays off. Aaron Rodgers got so much hype after the terrific job he did against the Dallas Cowboys (even though they lost) - hopefully it wasn't a one time thing.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
ALF FIN SANE
Apprentice Lint Brush

Re: My Packers Lost :(

Post by ALF FIN SANE »

Giants really did win! I don't know much about football, I mean American football. I still like the game very much, I play Madden and watch Super Bowl (as it is the only game shown here on free to air channels). I like sports as a whole and NBA basketball is my favourite with soccer. I was reading about Seattle Supersonics franchise being under speculation to get transfered to Oklahoma, that same story said that Packers is one of the only small town NFL teams and if I remember correctly it is owned by the city - meaning the fans! That's great thing and I think you can be proud fan, your team is staying, they'll be ready for the bowl next year :). Member owned clubs are usual in European football, like FC Barcelona...

Anyway, I didn't want to start a new topic, but I hope you guys could help me out, I'd appreciate it very much! I'm staying a couple of days in Miami and I've never been in the States, so I've never had the pleasure to watch NBA match live at the arena! That's been my dream for so long and now I got everything fixed for except the tickets to Mavericks game (yeah I know Heat is not doing great, but they won last night! Too bad Shaq got transfered too, I would have liked to see him play :)). I would buy tickets online, but it seems that tickets are not printable online tickets. Our local football and basketball matches have these kind of tickets that you pay online and print them right away. I'm guessing NBA tickets are like those sold in ticket offices and it seems the shipping costs as much as the ticket :). Well no problem, I'll pay if I have to, but many of the sites have ticket minimum of 2-4 and I want just one ticket. My question is do I have to buy ticket in advance? Are there single printable tickets available? What else do I have to know that I don't know to ask? :) Thanks for any help!
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

ALF FIN SANE,

A "Google" search using "Miami Heat tickets" will reveal many sites offering sale of online tickets; however, as you stated, most sites restrict sales to minimum of 2 - 4 tickets, and many may not be setup to handle international sale. Should you locate site willing to broker international sale of just one ticket, it is likely arrangements could be made for pickup of ticket on date of game at the Arena "Will Call" area, subject to presentation of required identification.

NBA tickets are not cheap. Definitely go to one of the online ticket sale sites and printout a seating map for the American Airlines Arena in Miami, so that you have awareness as to location of any ticket being considered for purchase. Most likely any decent seat with good visibility wil cost you well in excess of $100.00 U.S.

Should your arrival in Miami be several days prior to game date, and should your lodging be at any major hotel, here is a suggestion you might consider. Upon arrival at the hotel, contact the Hotel Concierge and request possible assistance in securing a ticket for the game. Amazing things can be done by Hotel Coneirges if a "good tip" is anticipated.

All else fails, no doubt you could show up at Arena on game date. and "take your chances" purchasing a ticket from one of the many "scalpers" who are always loitering around with tickets available for sale. If you go this route, you always need to be concerned about possibilty of counterfeit tickets, and you should definitely not take any guarantee of "good seats" without check of location on Arena seat map.

Good luck, and hope you get to enjoy the game.

Mike
ALF FIN SANE
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by ALF FIN SANE »

Mike, thank you very much for this information!

Out of all possibilities that "Will Call" thing sounds the best. I arrive just 16 hours before the match starts so I don't have much time to arrange things on site. "Taking chances" sounds more like ALF, I'm a bit more secure when organizing things :). So I did found a site that uses that "Will Call" for international customers, I have to show photoID & credit card of purchase - so that sounds like I'll be going to the match! That online ticket is for U.S. customers only.

Wow, those tickets really cost a lot! Normally a TV game would be just fine, but as an experience it would be nice to attend the event. I get a little benefit of the USD -> EUR conversion rate, but still it is expensive... maybe my budget can afford 100$ not much more. I guess cheaper ones are really have rubbish view to court. Well the event itself would be fantastic, so almost any seat will do, but I'm going to be careful selecting it. It's nice to see court and the players as close as possible.