Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Alf's latest Appearance...

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

QueenofMelmac
Junior Orbit Guard

Alf's latest Appearance...

Post by QueenofMelmac »

I've gotten mixed reviews from people about Alf's latest appearance on Bill O'Reily. Some are positive reviews and some are for some reason, negative. Some think alf's performance was weak. That he wasn't trying hard enough.

What are everybody's thoughts on this?
Did Alf's attempt lack effort?

I agree that Alf should have tried harder. He must put himself out there to be noticed again. Bill O'reilly isnt the most popular name in entertainment right now. I dont even think O'Reily is a stepping stone to anything.

I know how it feels to not have a job for a long time and then to try getting back in the game is really tough. Alf needs support. Alf needs motivation. There needs to be a place for Alf in 2008!
"You are getting sleepy. You... are no longer a cat. You are a bagel. "
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

At this time I do not have an opinion as to whether it was a "lack of effort", could he have put in MORE effort...always! However, I agree with your opinion that it probably wasn't the best show to appear on. On the bright side, it IS an appearance. The YouTube videos of ALF's appearance have gotten about 40,000 views to date (and counting) so ALF is getting his name and face out there with the "younger crowd." Take that into addition the people who actually watched the show...I would say ALF got good ratings for that day.

Until there is a big breakthrough appearances like this are only going to ensure that people remember ALF (IMO)...the ALF franchise will never grow...

The people who own the rights to ALF have a real advantage and they don't know it. If you talk to ANYBODY and ask them, "Do you remember ALF?" I can bet money you'll get a response such as, "I remember ALF, he was awesome!" There are so many high school and college students who remember ALF, and like him, and no one is taking advantage of that. A talk show on a cable station...not gonna do the trick!

I don't have any real specific suggestions, but ALF is not going to make a comeback with small television appearances, a few commercials here and there, and a talk show on a cable station.

Just my two cents...

Last I heard from Paul Fusco, two of the plans on his agenda were to:

1) Make more talk shows (not my cup of tea, but it's something)

2) Get the ALF sitcom back on television (DING DING DING!)

If Paul Fusco can achieve one, or both of these goals, it would definitely be a step in the right direction.

Sorry about ranting...I think I got a little off track, but it all relates.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

So maybe ALF will be back???? :o :o :o :D :D
QueenofMelmac
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by QueenofMelmac »

Thanks for your feedback. I was definitely glad to see alf come back if even for a few minutes. It is strange he chose o'reily. he probably tried for big time tv like Leno and oprah but they probably refused to have him on the show lol

I hope Fusco proceeds with his plans. There should be a "bring back alf fund"..some sort of marketing project that we can use to spead his name around again. It would be cool if there were banners and fliers i can just put on peoples cars when they arent there lol
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

Just maybe my newest "Fictional ALF Headline" could become reality; however, if so, then ALF most unlikely to consider any other gigs until the show closed.

Mike
QueenofMelmac
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by QueenofMelmac »

I hope he doesnt join the pussycat dolls...I could see why he would want to...He probaby got misled by the name. but once he sees they are all half naked women he'll venture elsewhere lol....yeah, right
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

I liked the appearance, the fact that he was on the O'reilly show of all shows makes it even better.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
the_one
Asteroid Polisher

Post by the_one »

I haven't seen when he was on o'reilly show but I am sure he did fine. I hope he does come back this year. It would be nice.
"Yo - Lucky, my man"
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

the_one - if you are interested in watching ALF's latest television appearance I have a clip on the Multimedia page.

<EDIT> Please visit the new multimedia page at http://www.alftv.com/multimedia.php </EDIT>
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com