Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Willie looks older

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Willie looks older

Post by Jessica »

Is it just me, or does anyone else here thinks that Willie actually looks older than he really was. Willie mentioned he was 45 in the first season (Actor Max Wright was 43 then) But I think he looks older than that. What do you think?
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by ALFsince86 »

I don't think he looked much older than that, but after he left ALF he seemed to age really fast. I saw him on something and thought: "That's Max Wright!?!" I guess he did have some form of cancer there for awhile. I have had relatives survive cancer (I am grateful to say they are still living, but it DOES age you).
ALF1986
Cat Wrangler

Post by ALF1986 »

ALFsince86, I do remember reading an article that said that Max Wright had battled cancer at some point in his life after ALF had ended. I does look like though in some episodes that the cancer had started when we was stilli doing ALF. I still am able to recognize him in recent pics and articles about him. Do you remember 7 years ago that People magazine did an article on where the cast of ALF is now? I remember seeing that recent photo of him showing what he looked like at that time. Only thing that was different was that he didn't have all of his hair anymore as a result of cancer.
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

ALF1986 wrote:ALFsince86, I do remember reading an article that said that Max Wright had battled cancer at some point in his life after ALF had ended. I does look like though in some episodes that the cancer had started when we was stilli doing ALF. I still am able to recognize him in recent pics and articles about him. Do you remember 7 years ago that People magazine did an article on where the cast of ALF is now? I remember seeing that recent photo of him showing what he looked like at that time. Only thing that was different was that he didn't have all of his hair anymore as a result of cancer.
Yeah, he looked much older after ALF.
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

In ALF I think his age seems to fit, he has aged since and looks old(er) than he is nowadays. Maybe QueenofMelmac (who I think met him recently) can tell us how he looks today, IRL?
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

AxelFoley,

Just to set the record straight, it was mames507 (not QueenofMelmac) who posted about having met Max Wright.

Mike
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

ALFanatic wrote:AxelFoley,

Just to set the record straight, it was mames507 (not QueenofMelmac) who posted about having met Max Wright.

Mike
I feared my memory was fooling me there for a second. Thanks for the correction.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
mames507
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by mames507 »

max wright has aged terribly. He is showing his age for sure.
ALFanatic

Post by ALFanatic »

Agahnim,

Until you are capable of supplying indisputable proof, your post slandering Max Wright will continue to be deleted.

ALFanatic - Asst Admin
mames507
Junior Orbit Guard

Max Wright

Post by mames507 »

I was over at website wikipedia.com and came across some info on Willie that i didn't know about maybe someone else does. But anyway he is 63 years now. It said in 2000 and 2003 he was arrested for drunk driving. I remember the one in the 2000 but not in 2k3. When I saw him he looked like he was in his late sixtys early 70's. I am goin back to New York in a few weeks again so maybeI will see him again. I just got back from Oregon and now i am going traveling again.
mames507
Junior Orbit Guard

Max Wright

Post by mames507 »

take that back he is 65 now, sorry.
ALFanatic

Re: Willie looks older

Post by ALFanatic »

SanDiesgoHereICome,

Your post has been deleted. "Trash" articles appearing in "Tabloid Papers" are an uuacceptable subject for discussion on this Forum.

ALFanatic - Asst Admin