Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Worst Episode from Season 1?

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

Alfster
Asteroid Polisher

Worst Episode from Season 1?

Post by Alfster »

I absolutely HATE episode #18 Border Song. I can't stand that kid he reminds me of that lisp having looser on that 70's show which i cant stand either!!![/u]
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

I really like the episode Border Song (Kate, add manure to your grocery list. --- Why? --- So you won't forget it)...lol

I don't really "hate" any episodes - but I don't like some as much as others - Help me Rhonda for example, not a bad episode, but I feel it was just a little too early in the series for them to write an episode regarding ALF's possible departure (in my opinion)...still funny nonetheless. La Cucaracha is also a good episode - but it just has a different "twist" than the other episodes - takes a little getting used to.

One of my all-time favorite episodes - Come Fly With Me, the talking toaster is absolutely HILARIOUS!!!
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
tazz765

Post by tazz765 »

My favorite episodes would have to be Strangers in the Night and Lookin' Through the Windows.

My least favorite episode have to be Border Song as well.
artemis_kunzite
Phlegm Dealer

Post by artemis_kunzite »

i dont hate any episode >.<uu, but i love the pilot, for your eyes only...and mother and child reunion... i love them.. and i watch them alll every single day! XD
ak
LEOALF2009
Apprentice Lint Brush

Re: Worst Episode from Season 1?

Post by LEOALF2009 »

border song
jantje
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: my early childhood

Post by jantje »

To me, the worst episode is "Try to remember". I don't hate it, but I usually skip it as it is just a collection of the funniest scenes from previous episodes.
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Yes, these clip-shows has never been a favorite of mine.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

For those who do not appreciate the "Try to Remember" episode, perhaps a history lesson might be helpful. Way back in the days of the "original" ALF TV Series, compilation eisodes were a tried and proven TV marketing strategy used to increase the fan base of first season sitcoms.

In my opinion, "Try To Remember" was absolutley one of the best compilation episodes I can recall seeing from any sitcom aired during the era of the "original" ALF TV Series, especially if you had the good fortune to see "uncut" episode with the "original", hilarious, whirling hottub scene.

Other than the pilot episode, I would venture to guess that the "Try To Remember" was responsible for increasing fan base more than any other episode in the first season of the "original" ALF TV Series.

Mike
jantje
Cat Wrangler

Post by jantje »

You're probably right, Mike. I think the same is true for the music industry: compilation albums are highly responsible for increasing the number of fans of a singer or a band. However, once I'm a fan, I don't listen to compilation albums, and I don't watch compilation episodes any more. :)
Alf=Funny
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Alf=Funny »

I didn't like "Help Me Rhonda" not only was it kinda sad but you could tell that it is only the first season and they wouldn't do that
Alf Rox
jantje
Cat Wrangler

Post by jantje »

Alf=Funny wrote:I didn't like "Help Me Rhonda" not only was it kinda sad but you could tell that it is only the first season and they wouldn't do that
Yeah, that's right! No one would think that Alf would actually leave. Anyway, I like that episode. There are a number of funny conversations in it.
twangle

Post by twangle »

Well in my opinion, there is no episode that is bad! Theres just not enough of these great shows to have an episode thats to be considered bad.
jantje
Cat Wrangler

Post by jantje »

twangle wrote:Well in my opinion, there is no episode that is bad! Theres just not enough of these great shows to have an episode thats to be considered bad.
Nobody is talking about bad episodes. I think "worst episode" means episodes that are not so good as the others. For me, it's "Try to remember".
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Post by ALFan »

Hmmmmmmmmm? I don't have a episode that I hate, but there are a few I don't like as much as others. Border Song I liked though.
-ALFan-
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

Yes, I don't hate any episodes, but there is a a few I don't like that much. In all TV shows you love, there's always some episodes you don't like.