Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Monday was Fun Day (More ALF Memories)

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Monday was Fun Day (More ALF Memories)

Post by ALFsince86 »

ALF...NBC...Monday Nights.

I knew something horrible was brewing when ALF was moved from Monday to, if I remember right, Saturday.

ALF on Monday was perfect. Who likes Mondays right? Especially when you're in sixth or seventh grade and adjusting to a new school, kids, etc.
I really looked forward to see the old ALFer on the tube.

I remember when the second season was starting. The premier episode is the one where ALF acted like a butler to make up for his previous carelessness and the way they promoted it was "The New ALF". I was 13 and biting my nails because I was afraid they were going to change the chemistry of the show. I LITERALLY lost sleep (how's that for crazy?).

It was great watching ALF with the whole family (when Dad wasn't away on business). I remember how delighted I was one day when I went into the comic shop and found ALF #3. But that's for another post.
melmac_alf
Phlegm Dealer

Post by melmac_alf »

I loved the episode where alf played butler! That was great.
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011

Post by ALFsince86 »

Oh, yeah, I like it now, too, but at the time I was worried that the executives at NBC had completely changed ALF's character for the second season.
melmac_alf
Phlegm Dealer

Post by melmac_alf »

They did seem to change the alf costume, not the puppet, to make it look more like alf. It seems more groomed or something.
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011

Post by ALFsince86 »

Yes, his voice got a little less rough and his fur a bit more combed. Maybe he picked up the good grooming habits of the humans he was living with.
melmac_alf
Phlegm Dealer

Post by melmac_alf »

LOL, that could be, maybe he got into the terry fey cosmetics. :)
MR. Littwack
Cat Wrangler

Post by MR. Littwack »

I have very fond memories of watching ALF every Monday night. I remember asking my mom "why?" when I heard they were moving it to Saturday. She told me that the show would probably not be on much longer because most Saturday shows didn't last long in that time slot. Although I didn't care much for the final season even as a kid, the final episode had me at the edge of my seat at the end. I hoped and hoped that it would be back on the next year. Sadly, it wasn't.

Kind of off topic, I do remember getting really excited when I saw a commercial saying ALF would appear on a Blossom episode. I then began hoping that there would be an explanation for what had happened to him after the show. But it was only a dream sequence and explained nothing. It wasn't until I was in high school that I got a frantic call from a friend of mine saying that a movie called Project ALF was coming on that night in about five minutes. I franticly searched for a video tape (remember those?) and just in time sat down and hit record. Made popcorn during the first commercial. LOL. Anyway, like I said, off topic. Just stirred up a memory or two there.
"I think that guy Littwack is building an A-bomb in the basement"
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011

Post by ALFsince86 »

Thanks for the memory, I enjoyed hearing it.
MR. Littwack
Cat Wrangler

Post by MR. Littwack »

Glad you enjoyed it. I have a ton of them. They always seem to pop up when replying to a topic that is halfway related to them. LOL
"I think that guy Littwack is building an A-bomb in the basement"