Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

TV Shows I Would Like to See on DVD

Post anything you want here. This is the place where you get away from it all. In short, this is a forum for "chit-chat" and things of that sort.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011
ALF Fan Since: 1986

TV Shows I Would Like to See on DVD

Post by ALFsince86 »

Presented in alf-abetical order...

DESIGNING WOMEN
I really don't like the first season of this series and I dropped out after Delta Burke left, but somewhere in the middle was a really good show. My favorite episodes are Julia getting her head stuck in a bannister and Julia running for office.

THE FACTS OF LIFE
Yes, I realize Seasons 1-3 are avaliable, but my favorite episodes occur after Edna's Edibles burns down. They had some very funny shows and very poignant ones after that: Tootie getting her driver's license, Blair meeting a man who survived the holocaust, Natalie writing a short story in a diner--fantastic television!

FAMILY LAW
This show was cancelled and replaced by "Judging Amy" (which stayed on TV w-a-y too long if you ask me). The show was about a law firm that dealt with family law: I can't really say I remember any specific episodes, but I thought the characters were terrific and played by some great actors and actresses. Tony Danza stretched himself in a sleezy lawyer role (maybe some people couldn't tolerate it for that reason).

FIGHT FOR LIFE
OK, it's not a TV show, it's a made-for-TV movie starring Jerry Lewis, Patty Duke, and Morgan Freeman. Based on a true story it shares the saga of a family attempting to get their little girl on an experiemental drug that will deminish the damage and possibly prevent her seizures.

THE GUARDIAN
Starring Simon Baker and Dabney Coleman this series was about a recovering drug addict who was given a position at his father's law firm. This series had one of the best episodes in television history in it's last season where Simon's character goes to rehab, but it's like he's in denial and imagines it a beautiful place with a lovely receptionists, etc. It's not until the end of the show that the viewer and the character see it as it truly is. A great, mind-bending episode.

A STEP TOWARD TOMORROW
I have this on VHS (an uncut version), so I probably wouldn't bother with a DVD for myself, but I think this made-for-TV film is so good a lot of people should have it. I guess I feel that way about all of these, but this especially due to the subject matter. I was very moved by it due to my own circumstances.

WILL THE REAL JERRY LEWIS PLEASE SIT DOWN?
This animated series had original episodes from 1970-1971, but ran for years (I have a promotional cel from 1977). It features the voice of David Landers (Squiggy on "Laverne & Shirely") as Jerry Lewis and showcases many of the characters popular in Jerry Lewis films. Jerry wrote some of the episodes.

Well, I guess that's about it. My suggestions can't be worse than some of the other crap they already have on DVD.
mongoose
Asteroid Polisher

Post by mongoose »

No love for the Wonder Years, Adam West's Batman, Doug, or The Jim Henson Hour?