Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Possible Downtime on 5/29/07

If you have any questions or comments regarding this forum or website you can post them here. Questions will be responded to promptly by one of the Administrators. Any important news, such as updates and down times, will be posted here as well.

Moderator: Administration Team

Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Possible Downtime on 5/29/07

Post by Admin »

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that the forum may be down for a short time on Tuesday 5/29/07. I don't think there will be any downtime at all, but knowing my luck I will have some sort of problem in the process (never fails with me - I have the worst luck with this kind of stuff).

What will I be doing?

This forum currently uses the phpBB version 2.0.18 software. I will be upgrading version 2.0.18 to version 2.0.22. I've been getting behind with this...I haven't installed 2.0.19, 2.0.20, OR 2.0.21 when they came out, so I'm definitely doing this upgrade.

Why are these upgrades important?

This is just to make sure that the forum is secure from hackers and people of that sort. I do regular backups (once or twice a week usually) to ensure that if there is a problem I have a semi-current backup anyways, but I'd rather not go through the trouble.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. If the forum is down, that means I'll be banging my head on my keyboard trying to figure what I did, or did not, do.
Last edited by Admin on Tue May 29, 2007 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
alfisthebest
Cat Wrangler

Post by alfisthebest »

Ok. :D
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Done
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com