Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Season 4 Is the Worst

Post anything you want here. This is the place where you get away from it all. In short, this is a forum for "chit-chat" and things of that sort.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALF Fanatic
Cat Wrangler

Season 4 Is the Worst

Post by ALF Fanatic »

In May, I got the season three of ALF and it was very good. There was only one mishap when the bum in the Thanksgiving says "Hell".

Season Four is a different matter. Five episodes were ruined by the word "Damn". One was ruined when Lynn says "Oh My God". In the treasure seeking episode, Kate says "Godforsaken". Apparently, the syndication edits weren't enough.
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

Get over it!

Mike
ALF Fanatic
Cat Wrangler

Post by ALF Fanatic »

I'll probably will as I watch season four more and more. The same applies to I Love Lucy.
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Do you really find the word "Damn" so profound? I'm guessing you are a very religious person since you take offense when someone says "God" - and they're not praying.

Chill 8)
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALF Fanatic
Cat Wrangler

Post by ALF Fanatic »

It's more of a letdown really. Shows like ALF, I Love Lucy, Star Trek, and The Honeymooners are known to be foul language and blasphemy clean. In the 4th season of ALF, the occurances are far more frequent than I would like them to be.

Other shows like The Simpsons, Mash, and Friday the 13th have foul language, which is to be expected. The first four tv shows I've mentioned have different standards than the last three.
ALF1986
Cat Wrangler

Post by ALF1986 »

It totally agree with you on that ALF Fanatic. Season 4 did have a lot more changes then the other seasons.
ALF1986
Cat Wrangler

Post by ALF1986 »

This thought came to mind, I guess there was some foul language was that maybe some of the writers just couldn't think of a nice word to say for that particular moment or scene. That is just a thought that I have.
ALF
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2005

Re: Season 4 Is the Worst

Post by ALF »

ALF Fanatic wrote:In May, I got the season three of ALF and it was very good. There was only one mishap when the bum in the Thanksgiving says "Hell".

Season Four is a different matter. Five episodes were ruined by the word "Damn". One was ruined when Lynn says "Oh My God". In the treasure seeking episode, Kate says "Godforsaken". Apparently, the syndication edits weren't enough.
ALF Fanatic,

Also in Season One, Willy, upon skydiving from a plane, says "Oh, what the hell..." Although I don't see how that's a problem. I mean, come on, it's not like they say it ALL the time!