Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

I just bought a laptop!

Post anything you want here. This is the place where you get away from it all. In short, this is a forum for "chit-chat" and things of that sort.

Moderator: Administration Team

Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

I just bought a laptop!

Post by Admin »

Well, just bought a laptop last night! I'm getting ready to move to Milwaukee in December...since my fiancee and I will not have room for two desktop computers (plus it would get extremely warm in the apartment and use lots of electricity) I am selling mine and getting a laptop.

I bought a HP-Compaq, specs are listed below:
- Genuine Windows XP Home Edition
- AMD Sempron(TM) 3100+ (1.8GHz/256KB L2 Cache)
- 15.4" WXGA Widescreen (1280x800)
- 32MB ATI RADEON(R) XPRESS 200M
- FREE Upgrade to 512MB DDR SDRAM (2x256MB)!!!
- 40 GB 4200 RPM Hard Drive
- DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive
- Integrated 56K Modem + 10/100 Ethernet LAN
- 12 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
- Microsoft(R) Works/Money
I also get a free all-in-one HP printer - after the two mail-in rebates I will be paying $575 (not too bad of a deal, that total includes shipping, tax, and everything else). The only downside about this laptop that I was able to find after reading every online review I could find (and talking to one of my friends that is familiar with them) is that the hinge for the screen is just a little wobbly (but still strong).

It's not as powerful as a desktop but it will definitely do what I want it to do (it's actually a little better, in terms of specs, than the desktop I am on right now).

Can't wait to get it!
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com