Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

ALF loves a mystery

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Re: ALF loves a mystery

Post by ALFicionado »

pacman23 wrote:sorry i been gone for whle .. i have the show andi will be contacting admin soon and geting a a divx formt to him so he can put on and stream for others to enjoy .. soon as i get my new computer ill do so .. .. i thinki also found tape where alf host the saturday morning cartoons i think im not sure yet ..
Hey man, welcome back! Good to see you again.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

pacman23,

If you take the time to read recent Forum posts during lengthy period of your abscence, you will realize that there is no need to hurry with your efforts, since Admin will be "out of touch" until September.

Mike
pacman23
Cat Wrangler

Post by pacman23 »

ok well jsut remind me sometime and ill get to it lol thanks .. ..
" nevermind the curtains put me out !! "
ALF
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2005

Post by ALF »

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know (I've actually been gone for a while too, and I should get into the habit of staying here). :)
TVArchives
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by TVArchives »

hey guys, after searching for this alf tv special, i came across this website and forum. and i have a somewhat unrelated question...

does anyone remember after "alf loves a mystery" originally aired, the name of the cartoon that came on next?
it was a single episode cartoon about a dog and his family, there wasn't much dialogue (if any), and it certainly wasn't a mainstream-type cartoon -- in fact, its style and story were quite bizarre.
i remember in one part of the show, the dog's family's house gets burglarized and the dog is unable defend the house because he ate too much or something like that. and after the family discovers this, they have the dog trained to be more viscous and aggressive, and he turns very scary and vehement.

ok, i know i'm going on a long-shot here, but i haven't been able to locate or remember much else about this cartoon, and it's been bothering me for a while.
if anyone remembers seeing anything like this, please let me know. again, it aired right after "alf loves a mystery" was originally broadcast.

thanks!

p.s. if anyone does post the "alf loves a mystery" special, i'd love to see that again also! wow, it's been over 20 years.
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

TVArchives,

Although personally unable to offer any information concerning cartoon you mention, I do want to take this opportunity to welcome you to the Forum. Hopefully, another member of the Forum may be able to provide information.

Mike
pacman23
Cat Wrangler

Post by pacman23 »

some one emailed me and beggin me to post "alf loves a mystery" if anyone knows where i can post it besides youtube leave me message somewhere i can upload it and others can watch and stream it and watch it .. hmm maybe i make me my own web site and do that way haha lol wel leave me some feedback
" nevermind the curtains put me out !! "
Random
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Random »

I seriously hope this special [*]
Hey hey,

Don't know if you've figured this out yet or not, but the cartoon that you're looking for is the "Family Dog" episode of "Amazing Stories" -- a second season episode, methinks.

I have no recollection of it following the "ALF Loves a Mystery" broadcast because I remember not being allowed to watch that particular show (it's scary, man!) but that would make sense as it was a Friday night TV show and (contrary to what other internet references seem to suggest) I'm 99% sure that the "ALF" special aired on a Friday night, not a Saturday morning.

Anyhoo, there ya go! My quest to locate a copy of this damned special continues ...

Later,
Some Guy
Random
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Random »

I seriously hope this special [*]
Hey hey,

Don't know if you've figured this out yet or not, but the cartoon that you're looking for is the "Family Dog" episode of "Amazing Stories" -- a second season episode, methinks.

I have no recollection of it following the "ALF Loves a Mystery" broadcast because I remember not being allowed to watch that particular show (it's scary, man!) but that would make sense as it was a Friday night TV show and (contrary to what other internet references seem to suggest) I'm 99% sure that the "ALF" special aired on a Friday night, not a Saturday morning.

Anyhoo, there ya go! My quest to locate a copy of this damned special continues ...

Later,
Some Guy
Random
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Random »

Hrrm. Apparently my browser likes to post segments of different simultaneous messages into one message.

Anyhoo, as should be obvious from above, I'm 99% sure that "Alf Loves a Mystery" aired on a Friday night (which was the routine for NBC/ABC Saturday Morning fall preview shows) and not the Saturday date that IMDB has listed. And from the look of things, I guess that holds up that the above poster was talking about the animated "Family Dog" episode of "Amazing Stories", another Friday night show.

Regardless, here's hoping that a video of "Alf Loves a Mystery" makes its way online some day!
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

I had contacted pacman23 about sending it to me so I could post it on the website (for anyone to view). I will again attempt to contact pacman23...it would be a great addition to the site!
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
pacman23
Cat Wrangler

Post by pacman23 »

hey all i been busy wiht movin and stuff .. but i am working on this as blueray format since times are changin.. .. im ironing a few thingks on it .. but loking good so far .. am suporsed there not putting in on a season set tho ..

i been busy mostly with the 16mm reels i found .. from donlty kong 1984 ..from the saturday supercade searis .. and i foudn out yesterday that perter cullin form teh the voicve of optimus prome did the voice int eh cartoons so it s a big find lol
Demodex
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Demodex »

Hi all!!!
I'm a new melmacian here.
Have you got any news from "ALF LOVES A MYSTERY"?
I've found this short clip in the net: http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/ ... d2405b.flv

Pacman23, you can upload this episode compressed to a .rar file to http://www.megaupload.com. (here you can upload 1GB for free) and share the link to download with all us.
It's very easy.

Thanks to all, and sorry for my bad english.
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Post by ALFan »

I have a friend that can get many things like this.He is going to check and see if he can find this episode and download it for me.If I can get my hands on it I will post it on Youtube.This is not for sure,but it is a 50/50 shot.
-ALFan-
twangle

Post by twangle »

Thanks demodex. I guess they were looking for that for awhile
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

Just got the news. Sorry,but I can not get it.
-ALFan-
twangle

Post by twangle »

alfan, just join the free membership.
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

OK.
-ALFan-
twangle

Post by twangle »

well did you try to join ? if you have any probs, pm me,ok?
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

OK.
-ALFan-