Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Hello, I’m Adeline McQuack.

Are you new here? Post a thread about here so we can get to know you a little better!

Moderator: Administration Team

Adeline McQuack
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 2020

Hello, I’m Adeline McQuack.

Post by Adeline McQuack »

Hello, ALF fans! My (nick)name’s Adeline McQuack, and I’ve been an ALF fan for probably a year now. I actually was introduced to ALF when I was little, but, for some reason I still can’t figure out, I was horrified of ALF. I would watch the Hub a lot due to the fact that I watched Animaniacs on that channel. I would run out of the room in fear when an ALF commercial came on. It wasn’t until last year when I actually made peace with ALF. I figured that, now that I was older, I wouldn’t be scared of him. So, after watching a few clips on YouTube, I decided that ALF was a great show. Now, ALF is one of my favorite things to watch (you’ll find out what my favorite is below)!

Some Other Facts About Me:
Favorite ALF Episode: ALF’s Special Christmas (actually, I haven’t watched the entire series yet, so it’s subject to change)
Favorite Show Besides ALF: Darkwing Duck (sorry, but ALF comes in a close second)
Favorite Color: Purple
Favorite Musical Artist: Michael Jackson
Favorite Song: Literally any Michael Jackson song
Favorite ALF Costume: That robe he wears in the “Alien Eye for the Earth Guy” segment in “ALF’s Hit Talk Show”
Other Facts: I prefer to call ALF by his real name, I always draw Gordon with more cartoony eyes and a red Hawaiian shirt, and my first piece of ALF merchandise was the first-season DVD.
"Naaaah, that's stupid...I'll do it anyway."
-Gordon Shumway
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Re: Hello, I’m Adeline McQuack.

Post by Admin »

Welcome!
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
Adeline McQuack
Apprentice Lint Brush

Thank you! I'm glad to be here.
-Gordon Shumway
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Welcome! Nice with new fans! I've heard that from a lot of people, actually, the part about first being afraid of ALF.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
Adeline McQuack
Apprentice Lint Brush

ALFicionado wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:59 pm I've heard that from a lot of people, actually, the part about first being afraid of ALF.
Yeah, I have no idea why I was afraid. I don't know if it was his snout, his eyes, his voice, or the fact that he seemed so lifelike that made me think he was a real, living, breathing creature. I believe the first time I saw him was when my dad put the first season DVD in the player, and put the first episode on. I didn't have any problems until the opening theme, if I recall correctly. When Gordon goes up to the camera and cleans off the lens, I was startled, and then I was a little scared when you see his full body walk up to the Tanners. The part that got me was when he first talks, in his deep first-season voice. But I'm perfectly okay with him now. I can now watch an episode and immediately believe that Gordon's a living, breathing creature.
-Gordon Shumway