Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Fell Down the ALF Rabbit Hole Again

Are you new here? Post a thread about here so we can get to know you a little better!

Moderator: Administration Team

White Rabbit
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 2001

Fell Down the ALF Rabbit Hole Again

Post by White Rabbit »

Hello, everyone!

I've been an ALF fan ever since I saw it as a little girl on the Hallmark channel. I have fond memories of coming home from grade school and watching ALF and the Muppet Show.

I happened to see the ALF boxset at Walmart not too long ago and nabbed it, thinking $30 for the whole series was a bargain. Well... No wonder it was so cheap! Even though my memories were vague I was positive that these episodes weren't complete. I had vivid memory of the song "Help me Rhonda" in the episode that shares its name being broadcast into the radio that were absent on the rubbish set I bought.

I don't understand how Hallmark aired uncut episodes but Lionsgate couldn't use them >:C

Anyway! It's super late for me, and I have to be awake early tomorrow, but I plan to browse the forums tomorrow and hope to be an active member! It's so wonderful to see there's still an ALF community around!

Some other things about myself is that I love older cartoons like Batman: TAS and what used to air on Disney. I also play a lot of video games and adore the Tintin comics. I'd love to make some friends!
Last edited by White Rabbit on Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Worm Raider
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Re: Fell Down the ALF Rabbit Hole Again

Post by Worm Raider »

That is definitely the one disappointing thing about the DVDs. I was really excited to see the show again but wish they would release the unedited versions.
With the announcement that there were plans to bring back ALF, I thought they might go back and create a,new box set. However, it seems like the show won't happen anymore.
At least we have our ALF community 😊
Ha! I kill me!
Bring Back ALF
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by Bring Back ALF »

If I were you I would get the German box set, almost every episode is uncut and with english language as the default.
Im still hoping for a blu ray release but I don't think it will happen until ALF is back on tv full time. I'm still hoping the comeback happens!

You can order it here: https://www.amazon.de/Alf-Die-komplette ... 782QD34TSR
"Find out what you don't do well and don't do it!" Gordon Shumway Sept 86

www.instagram.com/bringbackalf/
https://www.facebook.com
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Welcome! Always nice to see new members who wants in on the discussions, it's just what this forum needs! I hope you do stick around, even if things are slow at times, there are lots and LOTS of interesting posts to read over the 15+ years we've been online.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
Worm Raider
Cat Wrangler

Post by Worm Raider »

Bring Back ALF wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:00 pm If I were you I would get the German box set, almost every episode is uncut and with english language as the default.
Im still hoping for a blu ray release but I don't think it will happen until ALF is back on tv full time. I'm still hoping the comeback happens!

You can order it here: https://www.amazon.de/Alf-Die-komplette ... 782QD34TSR
I might just do that. Thanks! I had looked at it a few times but was hoping they'd release an uncut US version. Don't think it's going to happen sadly.
Ha! I kill me!
White Rabbit
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 2001

Post by White Rabbit »

Does anyone have a recommendation for a region free DVD player? There's so many to choose from and a lot have mixed reviews.