Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Sticker book project

Just buy a new pair of ALF underwear? Brag about your collectibles and merchandise here.

Moderator: Administration Team

samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Sticker book project

Post by samstokes80 »

Hey folks, I just bought the ALF sticker book on eBay. I was fortunate enough to find one that was not ridiculously over-priced. Unfortunately, the sticker packs on eBay do tend to be ridiculously over-priced. If you are interested, I would appreciate that if any of you have some extra sticker packets or even the loose stickers themselves, and would like to donate them to the cause, that you could send them to me. In return, I will put all of the stickers in the book I bought and scan every page and I will even make animated GIFs out of each page with the blue and red filter on the Slide-o-scope, so you can see the animations. For those that don't know, there is a set of red and blue glasses that come with the book that allow you to see two different images by closing one eye and then the other, creating a simple animation. Anyway, if you are interested in contributing to this project, just PM me and I'll send you a mailing address. It would be much appreciated! In the meantime I will search for good deals on the stickers on eBay, but I will not be paying $9.99 plus shipping for a single packet, like some of the sellers are trying to get.
Attachments
sticker packets.jpg
sticker packets.jpg (55.45 KiB) Viewed 34915 times
Sticker book.jpg
Sticker book.jpg (9.47 KiB) Viewed 34915 times
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Re: Sticker book project

Post by samstokes80 »

I just got my sticker book!
Slide-o-scope before assembling.jpg
This is the slide-o-scope before assembling.
Slide-o-scope assembled.jpg
This is the assembled slide-o-scope.
Page 1 red.jpg
Here is page 1 through the red lens.
Page 1 blue.jpg
Page 1 through the blue lens.

I'm working on a way to create some nice animated GIFs of these pages. Some of the animations are printed on the pages, and some of them are on the stickers. Again, if anyone would like to send some stickers for this project, send me a PM. I'd really appreciate it!
cooper243
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: NBC Preview Show 1986

Re: Sticker book project

Post by cooper243 »

This sounds like a very cool project. Unfortunately, to quote Alf, "Wish we had some." I don't believe I have any of the stickers, but I will look.