Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Website Backup/Flash Drive

If you have any questions or comments regarding this forum or website you can post them here. Questions will be responded to promptly by one of the Administrators. Any important news, such as updates and down times, will be posted here as well.

Moderator: Administration Team

Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Website Backup/Flash Drive

Post by Admin »

Hello everyone - just wanted to share some great news about the website. Today I bought a Flash Drive (it's almost like a portable hard drive). Since I am not home very much this is a great way to backup the website and the forum from wherever I happen to be. If anything goes wrong I will also be able to restore the website/forum from anywhere (since I will have a fresh backup on the flash drive).

I always keep a backup on my computer but sometimes even the forum backup is a week old...especially since I am not at home very much to actually make a backup on my computer. In case something ever goes wrong with the server we'll be safe. I thought this would be a great investment for the website.

Just wanted to share the news.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

Admin.,

Flash drives are neat and definitely sounds like wise investment for Forum backup; however damn things are itty-bitty and often have a tendency of being lost or misplaced.

Please be careful with that flash drive containing priceless ALF information. Suggest you encrypt information on the drive and make it into a necklace that you constantly wear around your neck.

Just trying to help,

Mike
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Definitely small and easy to lose - I found an old wooden case (that my wallet came in) and I'll be using that as a "travel case".
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com