Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

The best season?

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Re: The best season?

Post by melmacian56 »

I love all the seasons but if I had to rank then I would favour Seasons 1 and 2 since they contain the majority of my favorite episodes. Seasons 3 and 4 were still good but felt to me like a transition period for the series.
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
Alfina
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1990

Post by Alfina »

Hope it's ok to bump an old topic :D

Seasons 1 and 2 are the best IMO. The rest of the seasons were funny too, but definitely not as good. The first had more original scripts (the Melmacian cockroach, the hiccups), plus the concept was fresh and new.
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Nothing to feel sorry for, it's one of the most interesting threads on the forum IMO, to get to know what everyone's favorite season is.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by ALFsince86 »

I'm going to agree with most everyone here and say ALF Season 2 is the best. Most of my favorite episodes are there--

WORKING MY WAY BACK TO YOU-When ALF becomes Mr. Belvedere to prove he can be trustworthy and contribute to the house. I didn't like this as a kid. They promoted as "the new ALF" and as a 13-year-old I actually lost sleep over it because I was afraid they were going to completely change ALF forever. Yeah, I know, I apparently didn't have much to worry about as a 13-year-old.

PRETTY WOMAN-If I'm not mistaken this is the one where ALF develops a crush on Lynn and makes a rock music video. Burger King capitalized on this episode and created four ALF records that they gave-away with their Kids Meals.

BALLAD OF GILLIGAN'S ISLAND-I'm not even a big "Gilligan's Island" fan, but it was fun seeing all those folks playing their roles agian. Sadly, most all of them are gone now.

SOME ENCHANTED EVENING-The Halloween episode where ALF invites Willie's boss to the Tanenrs party and then he (ALF) comes as a guest.

NIGHT TRAIN-ALF and Willie hop a train. Features one of the sad lines that sticks in your head: "I want my planet back." (ALF)

HAIL TO THE CHIEF-ALF dreams he becomes President of the United States.

SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER ME (Parts 1 & 2)-ALF attempts to stop a burglar but ends up stranded at the Ochmonick's house.

ALF'S SPECIAL CHRISTMAS-I am a lover of sitcom Christmas episodes, but this one ranks up their as one of the best. I remember it was the first time ALF had gotten into the Top Ten on Neilson's (it was #7 that week). For several years, even after the series was cancelled, our local NBC reran the special in syndication (even though they weren't syndicating the series!).

Whoops, I left out "Tequila" and "Movin' Out" (the episode with ALF's blind lady friend).
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

ALFsince86 wrote:PRETTY WOMAN-If I'm not mistaken this is the one where ALF develops a crush on Lynn and makes a rock music video. Burger King capitalized on this episode and created four ALF records that they gave-away with their Kids Meals.
Actually, that episode you are referring to is Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue.

interesting trivia about the Burger King thing, is that a fact or just speculation? I'm not sure when the records with puppets were sold.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011

Post by ALFsince86 »

I guess it's somewhat speculation. However, the episode aired and then that summer Burger King came out with the records. If I'm not mistaken, they used clips of "You're the One Who's Out of This World" in the ads.

Thanks for the correction on the episode name. Since most of the programs are classic rock titles it's hard for me to guess which is which sometimes.
ALFIsMyIdol
Phlegm Dealer

Post by ALFIsMyIdol »

Season 4 was the funniest one and my favorite.

THE BEST EPISODE EVER:

- Mr. Sandman
That ain't a vision of love, it's a yoghurt commercial !
ALFIsMyIdol
Phlegm Dealer

Post by ALFIsMyIdol »

I'd like to alter my post a little (with a new one). I recently had a sit-down with the show and re-watched it in a few days. I still hold up to the fact that 'Mr. Sandman' is the best episode but I no longer think that season 4 is the best one.
That ain't a vision of love, it's a yoghurt commercial !
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

I once felt season 2 was the best, but nowadays I must go with season 3.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com