Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

ALF DVD Set - Season One

Just buy a new pair of ALF underwear? Brag about your collectibles and merchandise here.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

ALF DVD Set - Season One

Post by ALFanatic »

By now most, if not all, ALF fans know that Season One of the ALF TV Series will be released in a four DVD set on, or about, Aug. 10, 2004.

The ALF Season One DVD set can be pre-ordered from numerous on-line sites, such as DVD Empire.com and Amazon.com, based upon individual preference.

So far, least expensive site I have found for preorder of ALF - Season One DVD set is deepdiscountdvd.com.

Link:

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=LGE015752

POSSIBLE WARNING:

Product details state that ALF DVD set is encoded for Region 1. Region 1 DVD's are meant for use in DVD players sold in North America and may not work in DVD players sold in countries other than U.S. and Canada.

Mike
lucky
Apprentice Lint Brush

Alf dvd season 2

Post by lucky »

Hy there alffanatic.

You are correct august 10 season 1 will come on dvd and presale is on the net allready.

But The word is out that season 2 will come on dvd januari 2005. Maybee you have to start saving money for season 2. :lol:

Greetings Corné
ALFanatic

Post by ALFanatic »

lucky,

I have also seen a few posts on other ALF message boards stating that Season #2 of ALF TV series DVD set to be released in January, 2005. I replyed to first post seen, asking for source of this information, and received no response.

At this time, I would not make any bets on the future release date for DVD set of ALF - Season #2. Logical business decision would be for distributor to evaluate success of sales from Season #1 release, prior to making any decision concerning possible release of Season #2.

Mike
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

I've also seen those release dates on various sites, but I also saw a site yesterday that stated that future releases solely depend on the success of season 1...I don't know which to believe either (but the latter is the most logical assumption). I'm gonna surf around and see if I can find that page once.
ALFanatic

Post by ALFanatic »

NEWS UPDATE

I copied this news item, dated 7/14/04, from TV shows on DVD.com which indicates ALF - Season 1 DVD set WILL HAVE extras.

ALF - Season 1 announcement mentions extras

Posted by David Lambert

7/14/2004

We finally have gotten some word about the extras for ALF - Season 1. They, along with the specs, where compiled into a short announcement that Lions Gate made available. You'll note the extras are listed at the bottom:

ALF: SEASON 1

Street Date: 8/10/04

DVD SRP: $39.98 (4-disc set)

On September 22, 1986, a brown furry lovable alien named Gordon Shumway crashed his spaceship into the Los Angeles home of the Tanners (Willie, Kate, Lynn and Brian). They immediately took him into their home and their hearts, and named him ALF, short for Alien Life Form. For four years ALF lived with the Tanners, always elusively avoiding houseguests, chasing the family cat (Lucky), eating everything insight, and breaking anything of value...but the Tanners always loved the old ALFer. A People's Choice Award winner for Favorite New Comedy Series, ALF was met with wild success in the 1980s, delivering NBC its highest time period shares and instigating a massive merchandising program that is still going strong 20 years later.

Closed Captioned: No

Spanish Availability: No

Format: Full Screen

Running Time: Approximately 616 minutes

DVD Audio Status: 2.0 Digital Stereo

DVD Extras: Pilot episode, Never-before-seen gag reel

Note:

Extras mention "pilot episode". While I am not certain, I have heard there was a pilot episode which was never aired. Hope this is it!

Mike
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

It is now confirmed that the extras for the DVD will have the UNAIRED PILOT EPISODE!!!!!!!!!!!! Here is the link for it...

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1895