Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

German ALF DVD set

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

NoProblem86
Asteroid Polisher
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Re: German ALF DVD set

Post by NoProblem86 »

samstokes80 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:56 pm [*]The German DVDs are in Region 2. If you are in the USA, you can view them with a multi-region (aka region-free) DVD player. Also, on my Windows computer, I was able to change my DVD region from region 1 to region 2. It only allows you to change regions five times before it permanently locks and cannot be changed again, even if you move the drive to a different computer. I decided that I would change my desktop computer DVD player to region 2, since I seldom use it to watch DVDs anyway.
I just purchased a Region Free Blu-Ray/DVD player that plugs into my iMac, unaware of this region-changing limitation. Now it will not switch anymore. Is this the fault of the computer or the DVD player? Also, do they make plug-in region-free DVD players that do not have this lock issue?
"Before you get up for that final snack, I want you to know I'll be right back. HA!"
Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Post by Blinky »

I cant answer questions to your specific device, but i can tell you the two ways i know how to watch other region dvds.

1) alot of dvd players have codes you can type in with remote and it will make them region free. google DVD codes region and you can find a list of codes and players assign to them.. so then just buy one of those players.

2) there's a program called foxit for computers that allow you to watch any region dvd

Edit: RedFox is the program

Good luck!
"Don't look back. Something might be broken." ―Grandpa Satchel
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

NoProblem86 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:19 pm
samstokes80 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:56 pm [*]The German DVDs are in Region 2. If you are in the USA, you can view them with a multi-region (aka region-free) DVD player. Also, on my Windows computer, I was able to change my DVD region from region 1 to region 2. It only allows you to change regions five times before it permanently locks and cannot be changed again, even if you move the drive to a different computer. I decided that I would change my desktop computer DVD player to region 2, since I seldom use it to watch DVDs anyway.
I just purchased a Region Free Blu-Ray/DVD player that plugs into my iMac, unaware of this region-changing limitation. Now it will not switch anymore. Is this the fault of the computer or the DVD player? Also, do they make plug-in region-free DVD players that do not have this lock issue?
Yes, region free players are available, I buy no other kind of players so that I can buy movies and TV-shows from all over the world without worrying.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/