Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Is There Any Truth Here

If your ALF-related post does not fit into any of the other forums, or you do not know where to put it, this is the place!

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFIsMyIdol
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Is There Any Truth Here

Post by ALFIsMyIdol »

Browsing the internet I found a short article on an unreliable site (who sometimes gets it right). I've been a little off-track writing about Columbo now I'd like to stay informed so wondering ?

Here's the copy of the text:

Creator and the voice of one of the most famouse TV heros of the 80's told the medias that he is currently negotiating ALF's return to the screens with a major Hollywood studio. The main difference between the new show and the old one will be a new family with whom ALF stays on Earth. Tanners are allegedly, out of the picture.

All of this seems a little fishy to me but I thought I should check because I heard all the rumors on the supposed ALF film (fingers crossed).
That ain't a vision of love, it's a yoghurt commercial !
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Re: Is There Any Truth Here

Post by ALFicionado »

What is it you want to know, that there's a new ALF movie coming out or that it's true he'll be with a new family?
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFIsMyIdol
Phlegm Dealer

Post by ALFIsMyIdol »

I was wondering if there is any truth in the text, so I guess both would be correct.
That ain't a vision of love, it's a yoghurt commercial !
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by samstokes80 »

The quote of Paul Fusco from The Hollywood Reporter, the article of which was sent to the forum by Paul Fusco himself, says this:

“ALF could be more outspoken now than ever, because the world is a whole different place than the '80s. And I think the character still stands up and certainly has more to say now than ever,” he says. “I think we would approach it in a fresh way. I don’t think we would duplicate the TV show, but I think we would maybe put it in a storyline where we would explain how ALF got here and put him with a new family and let the character speak for himself.”