Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Alf set picture?

If your ALF-related post does not fit into any of the other forums, or you do not know where to put it, this is the place!

Moderator: Administration Team

Alfaholic
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Alf set picture?

Post by Alfaholic »

I know there have been some YouTube videos that reveal Fusco and his assistant working the Alf puppet but I'm wondering if they ever took pictures of the actual Alf set with the trapdoors etc? My initial guess is there's probably lots of pics (or at least video from filming the show) and they're a closely guarded secret, even to today.

Still (pun intended), it would be amazing to me to see some pics of Fusco and his assistant beneath the trapdoors ala behind the living room couch.

Maybe someday they'll be released but probably not while Fusco is alive, you never know.
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Re: Alf set picture?

Post by ALFicionado »

I really wouldn't be interested in seeing them, it would ruin some of the illusion IMO. Also, releasing such photos after Fusco passes away would be kind of disresepctful, if he wished that they'd never see the light of day.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011

Post by ALFsince86 »

I agree with AxelFoley. I'm not a big fan of things being released after someone passes and I certainly hope Mr. Fusco has a ways to go.
Alfaholic
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Alfaholic »

Wow, I cant' believe it. I just googled around a bit and I did indeed find a picture of Alf being held under one of the 14 trap doors. I won't ruin it anymore for anyone unless they want me to send them the link. I respect anyone who does not want to see Alf in this state.
Gordo
Phlegm Dealer

Post by Gordo »

Alfaholic wrote:Wow, I cant' believe it. I just googled around a bit and I did indeed find a picture of Alf being held under one of the 14 trap doors. I won't ruin it anymore for anyone unless they want me to send them the link. I respect anyone who does not want to see Alf in this state.
I think you found a screenshot from the episode "movin out" where ALF sabotages the house and makes the floor cave in to scare off potential house buyers. They worked the space underneath the set into the storyline deliberately.
Alfaholic
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Alfaholic »

Gordo wrote:
Alfaholic wrote:Wow, I cant' believe it. I just googled around a bit and I did indeed find a picture of Alf being held under one of the 14 trap doors. I won't ruin it anymore for anyone unless they want me to send them the link. I respect anyone who does not want to see Alf in this state.
I think you found a screenshot from the episode "movin out" where ALF sabotages the house and makes the floor cave in to scare off potential house buyers. They worked the space underneath the set into the storyline deliberately.
Thanks Gordo, I just watched that episode again and your'e right, this is where the pic came from.

It's funny, the last few seconds of the episode (which shows Willie and Kate standing next to the hole where the couch has just fell through the floor), gives us an excellent view of how the whole set worked and how odd it must have been to work in such an environment. Even the revealing youtube outtakes don't give us this perspective. I don't know how they shot four seasons without someone killing themselves!