Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

The Episode That Made Me Lose Sleep

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011
ALF Fan Since: 1986

The Episode That Made Me Lose Sleep

Post by ALFsince86 »

As I previously stated, I was thirteen going into the second season of ALF. That year they promoted "the new ALF" and showed him in a white-button down shirt talking like Mr. Belvedere (for those who don't remember that reference--talking like a British butler). Well, I bought this commercial hook, line, and sinker and was thinking, "they're going to ruin ALF! They're going to ruin the show! I'm going to hate what was my favorite show and then it will go off the air because everyone else will hate it, too!"

ALF aired Monday nights, which means I had to get through an entire school day before seeing the show. I came home and the hours ticked down. Finally, the episode. I could finally breathe again. My brother was like: "You weren't concerned about this were you?" I admitted I was and that I had lost sleep over it. Thus continued my brother's thinking that I was totally crazy.
Mystiness EX
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 2006

Re: The Episode That Made Me Lose Sleep

Post by Mystiness EX »

Gosh, that was funny! But I can totally imagine being in your situation. I'm just relieved I didn't get to see any commercials on ALF. The show's pretty low-key in Singapore.