Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

What's NEW in your collection?

Just buy a new pair of ALF underwear? Brag about your collectibles and merchandise here.

Moderator: Administration Team

Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Re: What's NEW in your collection?

Post by Admin »

Welcome to the forum!

When you post your reply, there will be two tabs underneath the save/preview/submit buttons - one of them is "upload attachment." If that does not work well please feel free to email them to me (webmaster@alftv.com) and I would be glad to upload them for you.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Welcome indeed! Man, I really want one of those, too! :cry:
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

About 3 weeks ago I picked up a bundle of ALF comics at a local comic book and collectibles shop that just moved into the neighborhood recently. I never actually put them in with my collection yet so I don't know which are the new ones. I bought one of each issue he had. I got lucky and found them in a box when I was searching for another set of comics. There were 8 comics that I got. He had a few doubles but I didn't take those. Now I do know that a few of the ones I bought I already have because I could recognize some of the covers. Who knows, some of those doubles might replace issues I had that were in mediocre condition. I checked around the store to see if I could find any sort of ALF merch to add to the collection but the comics were all that I came across.

Jeremiah, I know I had told you in the e-mail I just sent you that I hadn't bought any ALF merch. in quite a while but I had just rememebred that I bought those comics lol
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
melmacian56

Post by melmacian56 »

Went to a flea market today and came upon ALF Trading Cards! The lady had 4 ziploc bags full of them. I got all 4 bags for $10. They contained the complete 2nd series which I never had until now! It also has series 1 cards. Not sure if it is all of the series 1 cards. I took me a while just to sort out the series 2 cards because they were all disorganized.

I was wondering if anyone had any doubles they were willing to sell? I have quite a few doubles myself. Reason I am asking is because I have only 1 card of a certain number that is not in the best shape. Looking to find a few cards that are in better condition. If anyone would be willing to help me out just let me know. Thanks.

EDIT: Just realized that there were no series 2 stickers included so I am looking for the whole set of those too.
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

Let me know if you get a complete set of series one out of those bags, I still need a complete set of the US cards.

Which doubles are you after?

melmacian56

Post by melmacian56 »

I got to take some time and put my Series 2 cards into my binder. I will also go through my Series 1 doubles. When I get everything sorted out I will let you know. If I have doubles of a series one set (minus the stickers as I didn't get any in the bags) I will be willing to help you out.
ALFIsMyIdol
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by ALFIsMyIdol »

Just got my hand on some ALF comics. They aren't much but they are nice to own. Hope they re-print them once.
That ain't a vision of love, it's a yoghurt commercial !
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by samstokes80 »

Cool. Somehow I doubt the comics will get reprinted, but they do seem to always be available on eBay. My brother and I were able to piece together a complete collection from various lots and we are able to get pretty good prices on them (since demand is not super-high).
melmacian56

Post by melmacian56 »

ALFicionado wrote:Let me know if you get a complete set of series one out of those bags, I still need a complete set of the US cards.

Which doubles are you after?
So sorry ALFicionado for not getting back to you. It slipped my mind. You still looking for Series 1 cards? I went through my doubles and for series 1 I have doubles of all the main cards but some of the Bouillabaseball cards are missing. There are also no stickers. If you're interested let me know.

As for series 2 doubles I need these cards in good condition to replace my damaged ones: 48, 51, 54, 55, 57, 64, 71, 75, 80, 81, 83, 87, 91, 27B and 44B. Can anyone help me with those?
Suburban_Sensei
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 1991

Post by Suburban_Sensei »

I am really new to ALF collecting. Don't have much, other than the whole series on DVD and Project: ALF. As far as collectibles, it's just bumper stickers and bookmarks. This talk of comics is peaking my interest, we have a local comic shop, and I am thinking of checking there over the next few days to see if they carry any of the old ALF comics. Overall though, I am guessing I will have to buy the majority of them on eBay.
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

A lot of the complete comic books collections on eBay are outrageously priced. $75-100 for the COMPLETE set is fair in my opinion. Just wanted to warn you to watch out - you would be much better off buying them in small groups and compiling your own collection.
ilovealf88
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: around 2000

Post by ilovealf88 »

I recently acquired some comics myself through e-bay. I agree about there being ridiculous prices. It's good to look around and wait for a decent deal.
ALF: I had a cousin. Pretty Boy Shumway. If he didn't like your shoes...
[imitating gun sound] "ak-ak-ak-ak-ak."
Willie: He'd shoot a person because he didn't like his shoes?
ALF: No. He'd just point at you and go, "Ak-ak-ak-ak-ak."
Suburban_Sensei
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 1991

Post by Suburban_Sensei »

Yeah, I did some searching and everytime I found a decent price comic or bundle, the seller had really expensive shipping. $20 for shipping a a few comics seems a bit excessive. I called that local comic shop as well as their other store a few towns over and both said they are out of ALF comes but come across them from time to time. I'll just keep an eye out on eBay as well as see if anybody on the site starts to sell parts of their collection.
Debbie_Anne
Asteroid Polisher

Post by Debbie_Anne »

The only new ALF items I have are the bookmarks I won in this forum's Summer Give-Away (and some puffy stickers, but I gave those to my step-daughter who loves stickers).
As for ALF comic books, I have read a few of them back when they were current, and really wasn't impressed by them. I guess I was spoiled by the then-current Gladstone Publishing line of Walt Disney comic books. No offense to ALF, but his churned-out for a quick buck comic books couldn't compare to classic Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge by Carl Barks or Floyd Gottfredson's and Paul Murry's Mickey Mouse stories.
ALFreak
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: ALF landed on earth

Post by ALFreak »

I recently bought an ALF door-size poster off of eBay. I Think the picture of ALF on it is from one of the puzzles (it is of him in a nightgown, holding a candle), but I could be wrong. Were there any other ALF door poster like this made?

By the way, can someone explain to me how to upload pictures on here? Its says my attachment quota has been reached; and suggestions :? ?
Oh Yeah? Well, You're a Wienier!
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

How big is the file image (is it bigger than 1MB)? I increased the limit to 2MB, so hopefully that will solve the problem.

Someone else emailed me with an upload issue yesterday, so hopefully it is not an issue with the forum...

Please let me know if it works.
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

Issue has been fixed, you can upload now.
ALFreak
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: ALF landed on earth

Post by ALFreak »

Thanks! Here's the poster;
Attachments
$(KGrHqJ,!oIFD8629KBnBRD(YJnDhQ~~60_3.jpg
Oh Yeah? Well, You're a Wienier!
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

Yupp, that picture (without the "catnap" writing can be found on at least one puzzle. I have the 100 piece one.

Kiss Me Kate
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Kiss Me Kate »

Just bought these and now waiting anxiously for the postman:

Note that the Mad mag is the UK edition.
I don't want to be an orphan. I saw "Annie." Orphans have to eat gruel and tap dance with mops.