Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Topps stickers!?

Just buy a new pair of ALF underwear? Brag about your collectibles and merchandise here.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Topps stickers!?

Post by ALFicionado »

I need some help about the Topps sticker series 1 and 2 (not sure there is a 3rd one?)

I have all except for 10 of the first series, BUT I don't know if there is somewhere I'm supposed to stick them in. Are there a Topps album where you put them? Or are they just collective-cards? I wonder the same for the second series... Thanks for anyone who can help me!
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

AxelFoley,

Recapping the "ALF" Topps Picture Cards there were only two series:

1st Series: 69 Card - 18 Stickers

2nd Series: 66 Cards - 11 Stickers

I am not aware of any specific "ALF" album having ever been marketed for storage of the Picture Cards and/or stickers. If you can find store that deals in collector trading cards, you should be able to find clear plastic protective sheets with 9 sections per sheet. These sheets, designed for trading cards, mount in a 3 ring notebook and they work very well for storage of both complete series in my ALF collection.

Mike
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

There is a third series, called "United States Of ALF" which shows ALF in a theme from each state of the USA. These were only marketed in the USA.
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

OK, I'm not sure we're talking about the same ones here. The 2 series I'm talking about are a collection of only stickers. 80 in the first series and 55 in the other one. Nothing else that I know of...

The Alf's USA sounds cool though... :)

ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

What tha?!?! I got my 3 Topps stickers packs today, and the cards are BIGGER than the ones I have, and it's not quite the same ones, some are the same and some were totally different! :( Now I have to get the US Topps version and the ones I already have... Oh well, just more stuff for my collection! :)

ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

AxelFoley,

You probably received Topps "ALF" cards from one, or both, of the two series I had mentioned in my reply to your original question.

As you say, just means you have more collecting to do.

How did the gum taste after all those years?

Mike
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

I actually took a bite of that gum! :) Me and my friend bet a couple of bucks about whether or not I would take a bite. I did, and a stone ain't as hard as that gum was!! :P No taste at all either :) Oh well, made it without getting my stumach pumped...

ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

Oh, ok, NOW I get it!! You labelled them as "Cards" and "Stickers" and I didn't get that, why? Because all Topps cards that were sold here in Sweden were stickers! Same cards as the american ones, with the text and all, but it was stickers, that's why I wondered if there was an album or something. In every pack of the american ones that I bought there was only ONE sticker...now I get it! :)

ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by ALFsince86 »

Just an FYI to what has already been said...

The Topps ALF Trading Cards had companion ALF sticker sets, which were also photos of ALF (like the cards), in other words, not a cartoon version.

US OF ALF, which is often called a "card set" (released by Zoot, not Topps) was actually a sticker set. It's better to collect US OF ALF as cards though, since there is info on the back of each card about the State the card represents.