Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Question?

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

confused

Question?

Post by confused »

Does anyone have any information about the Ochmoneks' nephew Jake?

I'd be interested in knowing where he is now
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

Name of actor who played Jake Ochmonek is "Josh Blake". Not sure what Josh Blake may be doing today, but here are two links containing biographical information as recent as 2004.

TVtome.com:

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/Pe ... nid-20299/

IMBd.com:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0086609/

Mike
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Hi! I have a quite strange question, but on the other hand it is quite interesting. In Germany (where I am from) Trevor Ochmonek is spoken by the same guy who who speaks Homer Simpson (he is called Norbert Gastell).

Is this the same in the US?

I hope you understand my question. Thank you
ALFanatic

Post by ALFanatic »

Stefan (Guest),

Answer to your question is no. "John LaMotta" is actor who played part of Trevor Ochmonek in the ALF TV series and it is his voice we also hear.

ALF Wiedersehen,

Mike
art

Post by art »

Omg i'm also really interested in finding out more about jake. i used to have the biggest crush on him! :oops:
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Thanx for your reply. But I have another strange question. Is it correct that the christmas-episode is called "Oh, Tannerbaum"?

In Germany this episode has the same name, I always thought this would be a pun on our great christmas song "Oh Tannenbaum". Or do you in the US also know "our" song?

By the way, I have to say that I tried to look for a website like this in Germany, but I was not successful.
ALFanatic

Post by ALFanatic »

Stefan (Guest),

The title of the Christmas episode during the first seeason of the ALF TV series is, indeed, "OH TANNERBAUM", but you are correct that it is a takeoff on the German Christmas song "Oh Tannenbaum" , since the title of most ALF TV series episodes is a song title. Likely, the family name (Tanner) was chosen instead of Tannen due to difference of only one letter.

Sorry you have not been able to find a similar site to ours in Germany; however, you and any other German ALF fans are most welcome to join us as members of this website.

In closing, you may find it amusing to know that a few verses of "Oh Tannenbaum" are about all the German I remember after the passing of many years , since my one year of German in high school.

Mike
Jami

What was Alf......

Post by Jami »

Could anyone tell me what Alf was, I mean was he someone dressed in a suit or an animatronic?? Just curious
ALFanatic

Post by ALFanatic »

Jami (Guest),

With the exception of the early episodes where a little person, in costume, was used for full body shots, ALF has always been a very complex puppet.

Paul Fusco (ALF's creator) is the voice of ALF and the main puppeteer.

Mike