Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Question about two episodes regarding syndicaition cuts

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

ted
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: September 22 1986

Question about two episodes regarding syndicaition cuts

Post by ted »

I have all but two uncut episodes from the original broadcast run.

Having only seen "Suspicious Minds" and "Consider me Gone" in the syndicated versions, I am wondering if someone who has these episodes uncut can list what was cut and list what happens before and after the cut scenes so I know when they happen in the episode.
luckythecat
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Re: Question about two episodes regarding syndicaition cuts

Post by luckythecat »

In "Consider me Gone," they cut out a scene of ALF and Brian in the attic going through ALF's things which includes a Kick me sign--which ALF tells Brian he put on his back on the first day of school 4 years ago. And also something he put in Kate's mashed potatoes and an "arrow through the head" gag thing. Brian asks if ALF is going to leave but he says he really can't make up his mind, then Brian asks if he can go with him, but ALF says Brian has a life full of accompolishments ahead. Then as he leaves ALF has put the sign back on his back and laughs and says "what a maroon." I think there was one line cut out of the going away party and maybe at the Alien Task Force but stupid Lionsgate blocked one part of it so I couldn't see it. And if you saw it on TV they probably didn't cut out ALF deciding what to do while the "Jeopardy!" theme plays over the shortwave, because Lionsgate most likely cut that out of the DVD because of music rights. I can't wait to see season 4 uncut and in English dialogue. The attic scene was after the first Alien Task Force scene, and before the second garage scene where ALF decides that he's going to leave.

Until I see the uncut season 4 dvd I could only see it on Youtube but it has Polish dialogue dubbed over the English dialogue so it's hard to hear what they're really saying. Couldn't tell you about "Suspicious Minds" unless I watch the uncut version and compare it to the syndicated version. I am very grateful that I was able to get the uncut region 2 dvds.