Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Organizing your collections

Just buy a new pair of ALF underwear? Brag about your collectibles and merchandise here.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Organizing your collections

Post by ALFicionado »

I know there are quite a few of us here who collect ALF merchandise. I know for a fact that Jeremiah, ALFanatic, melmacian56 and myself do so, but there are probably more collectors on this forum that I don't know about (feel free to respond in this thread) or that I've forgotten.

My question is, have you ever organized your collection? I mean gone through them, piece by piece, taking pictures of them and so on? Well, I started to a couple of days ago, and I'm still not finished! I'm taking pictures of all my collectibles, item per item. Transferring them to the computer, re-sizing them & naming them in a new folder made for my ALF collection. I also plan on putting them in an Excel file with some additional info if available, like when the items in question were released etc.

So far I've documented 134 items, but there's a little more to be done. A pretty respectable collection if I may say so, especially since I've only bought 3 or 4 of those items from Ebay and I'm living in a country where there weren't as many ALF stuff as there was in the US in the height of the shows popularity.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Re: Organizing your collections

Post by Admin »

I'm afraid I don't have nearly the collection you (or ALFanatic) does...but when time permits this sounds like a fun project! I would say, at most, I have 20-30 collectibles (some rarer than others, like my memorabilia/press kit and full-body autograph, others not...like plushes).

If I had money and space...wow, I'd have an entire room dedicated to ALF collectibles! My wife and I are hoping to buy a house within the next year, so I guess that could be a possibility... :roll:
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Re: Organizing your collections

Post by ALFicionado »

Admin wrote:I'm afraid I don't have nearly the collection you (or ALFanatic) does...but when time permits this sounds like a fun project! I would say, at most, I have 20-30 collectibles (some rarer than others, like my memorabilia/press kit and full-body autograph, others not...like plushes).

If I had money and space...wow, I'd have an entire room dedicated to ALF collectibles! My wife and I are hoping to buy a house within the next year, so I guess that could be a possibility... :roll:
Really? I thought you were the big Kahuna here, following ALFanatic of course with his 300 or more item collection. If you buy a house you should definitely have a hobby-room of some sort where you can have your ALF stuff, and let your collection grow ;)

My bedroom pretty much consists of ALF items and a few closets. Oh yeah, and a bed too :lol:
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/