Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Ed McMahon dies at the age of 86

Post anything you want here. This is the place where you get away from it all. In short, this is a forum for "chit-chat" and things of that sort.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Ed McMahon dies at the age of 86

Post by ALFicionado »

As many of you know, he was the announcer for ALF in the season 3 episode Tonight, Tonight as well as the announcer for ALF's Hit Talk Show.

Beloved U.S. TV personality Ed McMahon has died at the age of 86.

The former Tonight Show sidekick passed away in the early hours of Tuesday morning at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles.

The veteran star had been battling ill health for some time. He was diagnosed with systemic bone cancer and spent time in hospital in February suffering from pneumonia.

McMahon began his career as a fighter pilot during World War II, serving in Korea throughout the 1950s.

He went on to work with legendary star Johnny Carson on daytime game show Who Do You Trust? and in 1962 the pair landed the job of hosting The Tonight Show.

McMahon spent more than 30 years working alongside Carson on the popular entertainment programme. He went on to host hit 1980s talent show Star Search, and his other TV projects included presenting NBC series TV Bloopers And Practical Jokes alongside Dick Clark.

McMahon's final years were plagued by legal troubles and financial difficulties. He struggled with a neck condition caused by a 2007 fall at a friend's house and subsequently sued the homeowners and doctors at an L.A. hospital, who he claimed misdiagnosed his neck fracture.

His recent legal woes included various lawsuits relating to mold at his Californian mansion and financial difficulties which saw him come close to losing his home after falling behind on mortgage payments.

The cause of McMahon's death was not confirmed as WENN went to press. He is survived by his wife Pam Hurn and five children.

R.I.P. :(
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
Gordo
Phlegm Dealer

Re: Ed McMahon dies at the age of 86

Post by Gordo »

Very sad news! - he will be missed!!!
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

Aww, I don't really know who he is though.
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

Wow this is really saddening news. Ed Mcmahon was a legend of Hollywood and will be missed by lots. It was a real treat having him be a part of the ALF series as well as the Tonight show for so many years. Last night I had just seen Ed in a brand new commerical with some A-list legends. R.I.P. Ed. :(
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
twangle

Post by twangle »

I found this out this moroning driving home from work. I loved Ed. He was an icon and will be missed for generations.
Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Post by Blinky »

yeah conan obrien had a little remembrance for him on his show.
RIP Ed.
"Don't look back. Something might be broken." ―Grandpa Satchel
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Post by ALFan »

Terrible.

R.I.P.
-ALFan-