Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Season 2

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

mames507
Junior Orbit Guard

Season 2

Post by mames507 »

I think we all should go over to Lions Gate Entainment and post messages on there fan forum's asking about Season 2. I am confiedent they will release them all seing how alf is in high demand right now. How did the sales do for season 1 anyway.
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

Good News / Bad News from TV Shows on DVD.com:

Good News:

Lions Gate tentatively plans to release "ALF -Season Two" in August, 2005.

Bad News:

"ALF - Season Two" will again be "syndicated" versions, meaning up to a couple minutes of content from "original" episodes has been edited.

Here is link to entire TVshows on DVD.com article which also has information about "Project: ALF" that has been posted to the Project: ALF Forum:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3074

Mike
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

That is great news! I'm dissapointed about the syndicated episodes, but I'm still excited nonetheless. Hopefully I can dig some time out of my weekend schedule to inform everyone on the mailing list so they can put in a pre-order or something.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
mames507
Junior Orbit Guard

How to write Lions?

Post by mames507 »

How do you write Lions Gate? Everybody says write Lions and thank them but I don't know how. Any info please let me know
ALFanatic

Post by ALFanatic »

mames507,

Company email address for Lions Gate Home Entertainment is:

general-inquiries@lgecorp.com

If you wish to contact someone at executive level you might try emailing Ms. Anne Paraducci - Executive Vice President - Marketing. Based on format Lions Gate uses for company personnel email addresses her email address should be:

aparaducci@lgecorp.com

Unknown if your message will be read, and unlikely you will receive any response.

Mike
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

I have found the page for Project: ALF!

Go to http://www.videoservicecorp.com/ and click on new releases and type in Project: ALF in the search bar. Here you will find the box art and more information.
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Is it really a couple of minutes of every episode? Or is it just of some? What kind of scenes are deleted?
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFanatic

Post by ALFanatic »

AxelFoley,

Unfortunately, the syndicated version of any TV series (ALF included) has a couple of minutes of content edited from all episodes to allow for additional commercial time.

The decision on content edited varies, but hopefully and ideally is content that does not negatively impact the overall storyline. First time viewers of syndicated episodes are often unaware of the edited content; however, loyal fans who remember the "original" episodes frequently lament this edited content and adamantly reject the use of syndicated episodes when a show is eventually released on VHS or DVD.

Personally, I would much prefer purchasing VHS or DVD releases of ALF that are the "original" content; however, I also realize a generation of potential fans have never seen ALF. Syndicated episodes of ALF are better than nothing at all, if they help perpetuate the memory of ALF.

Mike
LordHelmetJr
Cat Wrangler

Post by LordHelmetJr »

On that note, I've noticed that the theme(s) seems to have been reorchestrated for synidcation. Would anyone know why this would be altered as well (perhaps along the same overall guidelines, sincei t seems to be a bit shorter in synidcation)?
klintan
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by klintan »

anyone who know the email adress to Buena Vista Home Video?
ALF
ALFanatic

Post by ALFanatic »

klintan,

Do not know email address for Buena Vista Home Video, but "Google" search revealed following information, if of any help:

Address for correspondence wtih Buena Vista Home Entertainment:

The Walt Disney Company

Attn: Buena Vista Home Entertainment

500 South Buena Vista Street

Burbank, CA 91521

Buena Vista Home Entertainment is under corporate ownership of Walt Disney Company.

Mike
Last edited by ALFanatic on Fri May 27, 2005 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

LordHelmetJr wrote:On that note, I've noticed that the theme(s) seems to have been reorchestrated for synidcation. Would anyone know why this would be altered as well (perhaps along the same overall guidelines, sincei t seems to be a bit shorter in synidcation)?

Yes, I've noticed that too! And I don't like the new one as much as the original one. It just doesn't sound as good, not as loud and clear in a way..
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
mames507
Junior Orbit Guard

Look what I found

Post by mames507 »

Alf:Season Two

see larger picture

List Price: $39.98

Price: $27.99 and this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. See details.

You Save: $11.99 (30%)

Availability: This item will be released on August 23, 2005. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.

I came across this and thought people maybe interested in this. I am sorry but it is available at Amazon.com.
Last edited by mames507 on Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
ALFanatic

Post by ALFanatic »

To All:

Best price I have found so far to pre-order "ALF - Season Two" DVD set (scheduled for release 8/23/05) is DeepDiscount DVD.com, which happens to be same site where I found best price offered initially on "ALF - Season One" DVD set.

Current Price: $24.78 with Free "standard" shipping

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=LGE017636

Mike
ALFRulezOz
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by ALFRulezOz »

Oh well, in Aussie dollars I'll be forking out well over $40 for it, plus postage.

Never mind, I love that fuzzy alien and will be getting Series 2 as soon as I can!!!!!
ALF for Prime Minister in Australia!!!
mames507
Junior Orbit Guard

Season 2

Post by mames507 »

I have gone ahead and preorderd my Alf season dvds. They will be available on August 23. There is small rumors that we may see season 3 and 4 by the end of the year. I hope that is true.
ALFanatic

Post by ALFanatic »

Review of "ALF -Season Two" DVD set available for reading at sitcomsonline.com.

Link:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/alfseason2dvdreview.html

Mike
mames507
Junior Orbit Guard

Error

Post by mames507 »

I don't mean to bring this up to me picky but I noticed and error in one of the episode from season 2. It the halloween episode, When the two stooges come the house Kate gives out candy apple's now notice that when she pulls the plate away and puts it on the table there is no apples there but when she turns away and when the camera comes back there is a apple there. If anybody notices that please respond.

Mames
ALFanatic

Post by ALFanatic »

mames507,

You are most observant, but not the first to notice the screw-up that you mention. Over the course of the ALF TV series there were various such screw-ups that missed being edited.

Good idea for "Special Feature" in Season Three or Season Four DVD release might be showing the screw-ups that did not get edited.

Mike
Last edited by ALFanatic on Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

A "Special Feature" I would like to see in an ALF Season set is a look back at the season including interviews with the cast and crew. They did this on the In Living Color DVD set and it made a great special feature.
"Oops, I made a boo boo".