Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Hi All!!

Are you new here? Post a thread about here so we can get to know you a little better!

Moderator: Administration Team

midnightgroper2000
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Hi All!!

Post by midnightgroper2000 »

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself.
I'm male, 28 years old, live in North Carolina and am the most depressed I've been in years.
Why do you ask, would such a young, upwardly mobile man, living in the heart of the beautiful Great Smokey Mountains be so close to ending it all whilst still in the prime of his life? Well good reader I will enlighten you!
I was just at Wall-Marrrrrrr...(am I allowed to mention specific businesses on this forum?) and I found something I thought had been lost along with the Arc and Jimmy Hoffa.....ALF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say I bought seasons 1 and 2 on the spot (they didn't have seasons 3 or 4) I sprinted to the cash register, got a speeding ticket on the way home and sat down in my recliner to enjoy one of the major influences on my childhood. 15 minutes later I was suicidal. It's the syndicated version!!!!! After spending some time contemplating the method by which I would off myself I decided the real solution to my anger and depression was to write some hate-mail. Then while contemplating the various forms of torture I was going to threaten Lions Gayte with I came across this forum and found that I was not alone, there are many of us who feel that they deserve swift vengeance for the atrocity they have committed.
I have read the forum (some) and realize that this is not a new story for the good people of the ALF Forum and I'm not much for forums and the like anyhow but I thought I would register and share my story............and two possible solutions to our collective problem.
First I found this http://www.petitiononline.com/Azure1/petition.html
It's a petition to release the original versions....probably won't do any good to sign it but at least we can say we tried.
Second I found a guy who CLAIMS to be selling dvd copies of the original airings.....I have sent him an email questioning the validity of his claim...if he responds confirming that I read his ad correctly I will buy them and evaluate them to see if he is telling the truth. If he is I will share his contact info with all of you, I don't want to put it out there until I'm sure it's legit, we've all been disappointed enough without me adding to the fire.
Thanks for reading my novel....I'd love to hear from you.
I love ellipses...don't hate...appreciate.
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Re: Hi All!!

Post by ALFanatic »

midnightgroper2000,

Welcome to the Forum. Although perhaps not to the same literal extent as you, I also share your displeasure over "Lion Gate" release of "syndicated" episodes on ALF DVD Season Sets. While I personally will never recover from the trauma suffered over cancellation of the original "ALF TV Series", I have begrudgingly come to accept current reality of "syndicated" ALF DVD Season Sets for following reasons, which may also offer some solace to you:

Today, after so long a drought, we probably should be thankful for the current release of any new ALF merchandise, even if not up to par with our desired expectations.
Although "syndicated" episodes, the ALF DVD Season Sets do provide some "new" content, such as ALF hosted introductions, menus, bloopers, and comment. Considering the likely options, some ALF is still better than no ALF at all!
Hopefully, release of the ALF Season DVD Sets will generate "new" ALF fans who. through unawareness of the past. do not suffer negative impact of "syndicated" episodes, but will aid in perpetuating the ongoing memory of ALF.

With regard to closing statement in your introduction concerning "guy who CLAIMS to be selling dvd copies of the original airings", for future reference, please be advised that this Forum does not condone the illegal, commercial production and sale of any ALF merchandise protected by copyright and/or registered trademark. Links to such a source are not welcome on this Forum, and will be promptly deleted. Your understanding and cooperation is appreciated.

ALFanatic - Asst Admin
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

First of all, welcome!

Second of all, that petition is a joke, and created by a poster on IMDb who has been very rude on several occassions to people not sharing his hatred and who won't join his boycotting of ALF on DVD. Where he got the idea that a small amount of people offering 100-150 dollars to the company would make them produce new, unedited DVD's of the show, I have no idea, it is very foolish though as that is not how things work.

Hope you find what you are looking for, I still hope you'll keep the authentic ALF DVD's and get the other 2 seasons as well, ALF hosting the menues is worth the money alone IMO.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
midnightgroper2000
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by midnightgroper2000 »

ALFanatic:
Check out my response to your notice following my post on the "Uncut DVDS" thread...hopefully I was able to express my total understanding and agreement with the policies of this forum regarding piracy and the promoting of it. Also You are absolutely right about some ALF being better than no ALF...I am sure once I have recovered from the initial shock things will seem brighter.

AxelFoley:
Your too are absolutely right (so many smart people here) the petition is a joke...but sometimes a little denial can be good for the soul. I will definitely be keeping my copies of the first two seasons and I will be buying three and four as well. I grew up with ALF and I'll support him no matter what.

Just thought I'd share that right now, as I'm typing this ALF is wearing a purple dress it's HILARIOUS!!!
I love ellipses...don't hate...appreciate.
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

midnightgroper2000,

Quoting ALF, "No Problem!" Look forward to your ongoing, active participation on the Forum.

Mike
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

Welcome to the forum! Hope yo'll have a great time here!
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Post by ALFan »

Welcome to the forum!
-ALFan-