Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

ALF as a feature film

If your ALF-related post does not fit into any of the other forums, or you do not know where to put it, this is the place!

Moderator: Administration Team

Fantastic Fur
Apprentice Lint Brush

ALF as a feature film

Post by Fantastic Fur »

As some of you may know, many TV shows are being made into feature films and so how would ALF translate to the big screen?

ALF Big Screen Questions:

1.Who would like to cast as the Tanners?

2.Who would cast as the Ochmonecks?

3.Should the film cover ALF's early life on Melmac(ala a montage)when he was Gordon Shumway?

4.Should ALF be performed as the puppet from the TV series of as a CGI character?
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Re: ALF as a feature film

Post by ALFanatic »

Fantastic Fur,

In my opinion, there is no chance of ALF starring in a feature film on the "big screen"; however, I am hopeful that somehow there may be the slim chance of someday once again seeing ALF star in a "made-for-TV" movie. Even for an ALF TV movie on a major network to get decent ratings, ALF would first need to re-establish a sizable following of both existing and new fans through a time period of frequent appearnaces on TV.

As for the plot of the TV movie, I believe it should be in present day setting here on Earth, with all new supporting characters and current, new experiences. Any appearance by the Tanners or the Ochmoneks would only be in the form of mental flashbacks by ALF to scenes from the "old"TV Series.

No animation - ALF should be ALF in all his furry (puppet) glory with. ideally, the reappearnce of a costumed ALF for full figure action scenes.

Mike
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

I agree with Mike, I'd rather have a movie on present-day Earth than a prequel. And a CGI ALF? Heavens no!
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

If ALF was to ever be computer generated I think I would go jump in my grave right now!
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
melmacian56

Post by melmacian56 »

Oh, I would also like to add that ALF would make a way better feature film then most of the crap we are seeing appear in theatres today.
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Post by ALFan »

I would hate it if he was made into a CGI ALF, but we would still have to support ALF. (At least I would.)
I would not want flasbacks. That would be too depressing.
Yes, ALF would be much better than the stuff coming out today.
-ALFan-
twangle

Post by twangle »

I agree to the full extint!! Alf movie would be better than most of what they put out nowadays. Its all just _rap sceenplays or bad books.
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

Especially bad books.
-ALFan-
twangle

Post by twangle »

Look at
twangle wrote:I agree to the full extint!! Alf movie would be better than most of what they put out nowadays. Its all just _rap sceenplays or bad books.
the past when movies were at its best and stars were worshiped?
twangle

Post by twangle »

I just think people are throwing money around. When they have a sure deal!!!! ALF~!!!!!!!!!
melmacian56

Post by melmacian56 »

It was announced today that Kim Cattrall has signed on to do a sequel to the "Sex and the City" movie. Here this show gets 2 big screen films but ALF doesn't get a shot on the big screen. All of these old TV shows are getting big screen revivals. The A-Team is coming soon but I'm kind of scared of that thought. Well....after thinking that maybe I wouldn't want ALF to suffer a horrible fate like some of these classic TV shows have when they make the transition to the big screen. Thoughts anyone?
twangle

Post by twangle »

The A-team !! not even compared to alf.!!!! your right!!
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

melmacian56 wrote:It was announced today that Kim Cattrall has signed on to do a sequel to the "Sex and the City" movie. Here this show gets 2 big screen films but ALF doesn't get a shot on the big screen. All of these old TV shows are getting big screen revivals. The A-Team is coming soon but I'm kind of scared of that thought. Well....after thinking that maybe I wouldn't want ALF to suffer a horrible fate like some of these classic TV shows have when they make the transition to the big screen. Thoughts anyone?
Yes, a chance will be taken if Mr. Fusco decides to make a ALF movie. It would take a lot for him to even consider making another ALF movie. He would need the following: A good writing staff, a good cast, and ALF would have too rack up a lot of fans. I do not not how he would get the fans, but he would need them. As far as a bad movie being made, that goes back to the writing staff and cast. In conclusion, a chance would be taken with a new movie, but these days it is 50/50. Some big screen revivals are good, and some are not.
-ALFan-
Dan G
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Dan G »

First was "Bewitched" and then "...Smart" ( i dont remeber the name in english, in spanish was "super agente 86"). the old sitcoms are jumping to the big screen i think is ALf turns too. but i want the originla cast :D
melmacian56

Post by melmacian56 »

That would be "Get Smart"
BountyHunter
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: the beginning

Post by BountyHunter »

Unfortunately, if ALF was to ever hit the big screen, it would be some stupid remake, not a continuation. Not interested in a remake, thanks.
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

I honestly don't think ALF would be in the market for a remake. Anyway, welcome to the forum!

QueenofMelmac
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by QueenofMelmac »

If Alf was created as a new movie I would also like it to be of the present. It's just not going to happen though. And if it did, like you said it would be a disaster. Everything that's remastered or remade is terrible. Hollywood thinks that bringing back old great things will somehow draw a new crowd and be more popular than it used to be. $$$ is all they care about. Failed TV/Movies that they have brought back (Willy Wonka, 90210, Melrose Place, Get Smart, Bewitched, Knight Rider, Jason, Freddy, Halloween, Transformers, and much more) I heard they were coming out with a new alice in wonderland. I'm willing to give it a chance because Johnny Depp is a great actor but he didn't do such a great job in willy wonka and that's my favorite movie of all time.
"You are getting sleepy. You... are no longer a cat. You are a bagel. "
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

BountyHunter,

Not to worry. ALF is an entertainment pioneer who would never consider doing a remake, unless the money was extremely good.

Welcome to the Forum.

Mike
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

QueenofMelmac wrote:If Alf was created as a new movie I would also like it to be of the present. It's just not going to happen though. And if it did, like you said it would be a disaster. Everything that's remastered or remade is terrible. Hollywood thinks that bringing back old great things will somehow draw a new crowd and be more popular than it used to be. $$$ is all they care about. Failed TV/Movies that they have brought back (Willy Wonka, 90210, Melrose Place, Get Smart, Bewitched, Knight Rider, Jason, Freddy, Halloween, Transformers, and much more) I heard they were coming out with a new alice in wonderland. I'm willing to give it a chance because Johnny Depp is a great actor but he didn't do such a great job in willy wonka and that's my favorite movie of all time.
I wouldn't say "never", Paul Fusco still wants to do it so there's always a chance.