Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Pink Floyd Song

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Pink Floyd Song

Post by Blinky »

In season 3, Episode 2, Trevor is at the table eating breakfast and blasting a song, he says that frank santra can sing and Willie notes that it sounds like Pink Floyd.

If it is Pink, what song is it?

Thanks!
"Don't look back. Something might be broken." ―Grandpa Satchel
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Re: Pink Floyd Song

Post by ALFan »

I was enjoying the song while it was playing, and at the time I knew what it was. Now, it has slipped my mind.
-ALFan-
twangle

Post by twangle »

i don't know either and i listen to love pink floyd :oops:
Last edited by twangle on Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cuteandfurry
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 1987

Post by cuteandfurry »

If I see the episode I could tell you if it is Pink Floyd, and what song it is. Being that I am a Pink Floyd junkie.
Hello is this Mr. Ochmonek? Oh jolly good. I'm doing a survey for the B.B.C and wondering if you would like to answer some questions.
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

cuteandfurry,

Glad to see another Pink Floyd fan on here! I very much enjoy Pink Floyd, but of course do not know ALL of their music and do not this particular song. It does sound like Pink Floyd though...or is it off of a solo album of some sort?

Here's a link to the episode on Hulu.com

http://www.hulu.com/watch/36677/alf-bre ... 5-n3-so-i0

The part in question occurs at 4:40.

Thanks cuteandfurry for any help!
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
twangle

Post by twangle »

A little of the subject but i do love "THE WALL"
Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Post by Blinky »

Hulu is not avaible here in canada so i cant listen to the lyrics and google them.
may i suggest one of your guys to?
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

I have been researching it for a long time, and I cannot find it. Maybe it was not sung by Pink...
-ALFan-
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

I know a LOT of Pink Floyd songs (between my brother, my father, and myself we own probably all of their CDs...I still don't know them all of course), so I'm surprised I don't know it. Or perhaps it could be off an album that I don't listen to very much...don't know.

I did a lyrics search and couldn't come up with anything either...which is why I'm wondering if it could be a Roger Waters, Syd Barrett, or David Gilmoure solo song...or a singer that just sounds like Pink Floyd (I would think that doubtful because they say Pink Floyd in the episode in question).

Could it be the B-side to a Pink Floyd single??? Those B-sides were also played on the radio, and sometimes weren't necessarily songs on the album. Even so, if this were the case I could probably find the lyrics in a search.

???

Makes me wish I knew more about Pink Floyd.
cuteandfurry
Cat Wrangler

Post by cuteandfurry »

I've listen to the scene in question it sounds dangerlously close to Roger Waters, there is no way it's Syd, because syd sang with a very rich english accent. Listen to The piper at the gates of dawn. And you also have to remeber Syd got kicked off Pink Floyd after that album, their very first album. It was 1988 so to narrow my search down I'm going to listen to every song off the Division Bell which was released in 1987, which more than likely would not be it either, given that Roger Waters left Floyd right after the wall. My best bet would be it's Roger Waters solo work, it sounds very close to him. I will go through his solo stuff and let you guys know.
Last edited by cuteandfurry on Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello is this Mr. Ochmonek? Oh jolly good. I'm doing a survey for the B.B.C and wondering if you would like to answer some questions.
cuteandfurry
Cat Wrangler

Post by cuteandfurry »

The wall is a great album it's based off Roger Waters and Syd Barrets life. If you ever find the time I do recomend reading Syds bio it's a great read. The DVD to the wall is very cool, and so is Live at Pompeii ( Directors Cut) and so is Wish you were here. That's my favorite album next to Piper at the gates of dawn. Syd Barret is one of my musical heros. I don't think Pink Floyd could have gotten to where they were without him. It's like Waters said one time we could not gone on without him and we could not go on with him. They are one of most progressive bands of our lifetime.
twangle wrote:A little of the subject but i do love "THE WALL"
Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Post by Blinky »

syd got too messed up on acid didnt he?
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

Thanks cuteandfurry!
cuteandfurry
Cat Wrangler

Post by cuteandfurry »

Yes you are correct, part of it was his constant drug use. He also had a psychiatric problem know as schizophrenia. So they suspected, his dad had the same.It was the only explanation for his eccentric behavior. That is why Roger Waters brought David Gilmour in.
Canadian Alf wrote:syd got too messed up on acid didnt he?
cuteandfurry
Cat Wrangler

Post by cuteandfurry »

I have to apologize for taking so long to get back to this question, I have gone through all my cds including the solo albums of the members listen to every track. The song is not affiliated to Pink Floyd, I really don't know who it could be. My next plausible guess and this is a far fetched assumption. Maybe it's Foreigner.
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

Strange..
Maybe a good question for Mr. Fusco next time you can get in contact with him again, Admin.
-ALFan-
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by samstokes80 »

I am very interested in learning the answer to this question, too. Unfortunately, these episodes have been chopped up in a variety of ways for syndication. I can tell you for certain that the music cue that is on the DVD and on Hulu is not the original music cue. I have tried to figure out what this song is, but with nothing at all turning up on lyric searches, I'm assuming it is by an unknown band, or perhaps was something thrown together in a studio to replace the original Pink Floyd music cue. Of course, changing the cue is terribly awkward since Willie comes right in and references the fact that it was Pink Floyd.

Nonetheless, to definitively answer the question would require watching a recording of the original broadcast version of the episode. My parents have this on a video tape, but unfortunately they live in Missouri (and I in Louisiana), so I can't borrow it from them at the moment. If anyone out there has an old tape of it off of TV, I would definitely be interested in hearing the answer to this one.
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by samstokes80 »

Well, I watched this at my parents' house on their tape from TV and it is the same non-Pink song from the DVD. I'm not sure, though, whether they taped it during the original broadcast or when it was rerun later on. If anybody taped it on the first airing, I would be very interested in knowing if it was an actual Pink Floyd song.
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

I like Pink Floyd. Was this on the unedited episode?
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by samstokes80 »

It was the same non-Pink song on both the DVD and the episode my parents taped from TV. My parents taped them when they originally aired or during reruns in the 80s and early 90s, before they were chopped down for Odyssey channel in the late 90s. However, sometimes episodes were edited even in the early 1990s, such as the Wayne Schlegel episode, where it was originally shown with ALF electrocuting himself and soon after on a rerun it was changed so that ALF slips and falls causing him to lose his memory.

For this reason, I am curious as to whether the very first airing had an actual Pink Floyd song in it. However, it is also possible that they never actually had a Pink Floyd sound cue there at all. Maybe we'll never know...