Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Recent Downtime

If you have any questions or comments regarding this forum or website you can post them here. Questions will be responded to promptly by one of the Administrators. Any important news, such as updates and down times, will be posted here as well.

Moderator: Administration Team

Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Recent Downtime

Post by Admin »

Hello everybody!

I apologize for the recent downtime that was experienced yesterday (5-20-05). I regret to tell you that this forum was hacked into yesterday (by who I do not know) and much of the forum was damaged. Fortunately I have been able to get everything, except for the forum template, back to normal working order; I hope to have the template re-installed sometime between today and Monday.

To prevent any future hacks of this forum I plan on installing/upgrading to a newer version of phpBB that has increased security. Looks like my new update for the website will have to wait yet another week since the forum will be tying up much of my free time over the next few days (I just can't win here).

Just thought I'd let you all in on what is going on with this forum at the present time - if you have any further questions, comments, etc. please feel free to post here or send me a private message.
Last edited by Admin on Fri May 27, 2005 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Well, the template didn't take nearly as long as I though (it only took about 10 minutes, I wasn't aware that most of the files were still there - saves me time) so that's all ready to go. All that's left is updating to a newer version of phpBB.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
Dingodilelover
Cat Wrangler

Post by Dingodilelover »

Yes, phpBB boards in particular are always under attack. I hope that we aren't cracked into again...
"If Simon and Garfunkel don't like coffee, I'll be wondering where their taste buds went wrong." Quote from my comic strip's main character, Butch.