Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

continuity errors

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

LordHelmetJr
Cat Wrangler

continuity errors

Post by LordHelmetJr »

In Something's Wrong with Me, Kate's sister is mentioned, yet earlier in Mother and Child Reunion, she says she was an only child. Which version do you suppose is the right one? And has anyone else noticed any other lapses in continuity?
MR. Littwack
Cat Wrangler

Post by MR. Littwack »

I seem to remember a couple of references to Kate's sister. What exactly was said in "reunion" that said she was an only child? I don't remember that line.
"I think that guy Littwack is building an A-bomb in the basement"
MR. Littwack
Cat Wrangler

Post by MR. Littwack »

Something else occured to me involving continuity. Two things actually. both involving the "Try to remember" Episode.

1: As I remember the original airing, and I will pull out my old original VHS copies to back this up, ALF lost his memory in the shower with an electric mixer giving him a shock as he tried to make a "whirling hot tub". I also remember lines like "water and electricity don't mix".

But upon viewing this episode on dvd, ALF is seen carrying a hand mixer in place of an electric one. He then falls and hits his head rather than getting a shock. My guess is two scenes were shot so that kids watching the Saturday morning re-runs would not take an appliance in the bath.

2: Same episode, the scenes shown from the pilot episode have ALF's lines re-dubbed. His voice was much deeper in the first few shows. The new dub of his voice is the more familiar one from the rest of the series. the funny thing is, and I may be wrong in this part, the original airing of this episode did not have the lines re-dubbed.

Anyone else notice this?

LOL I know, I have no life. For some reason I notice these things. Then I get all obsessive compulsive wanting to know why.
jantje
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: my early childhood

Re: continuity errors

Post by jantje »

Yes, I noticed that re-dubbing stuff, too. In fact, if you watch the Try To Remember episode carefully, you will hear that not all the early scenes are re-dubbed. That's quite inconsequent.

Another thing: in the episode La Cuckaracha Brian calls the roach 'Rodney' and Willie says: "You named the roach after my brother?" Later we get to know that his brother's called Neil. Well, he might have more brothers. :)
Gordo
Phlegm Dealer

Post by Gordo »

Willie does have two brothers! The hot tub episode, the network got funny about having alf electrocute himself incase people copied it, so it was re-shot.
MR. Littwack
Cat Wrangler

Post by MR. Littwack »

Interesting. Where did you hear that? that the network had it reshot?
Gordo
Phlegm Dealer

Post by Gordo »

Paul Fusco commentary on the ALF Files DVD i think
MR. Littwack
Cat Wrangler

Post by MR. Littwack »

I will have to check that out. Thanks for the info Gordo!