Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Storytelling ALF

Just buy a new pair of ALF underwear? Brag about your collectibles and merchandise here.

Moderator: Administration Team

Alfer
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1987

Storytelling ALF

Post by Alfer »

Does the storytelling ALF eye brows move? i've seen a video on youtube and they appear to move but i'm currently buy
ing one on wbay and the guy said they don't move and not supposed to hmmm :?:
Burglar: [examines ALF] Must be one of those talking dolls.
ALF: Oh, yeah? Ever had a talking doll rip out your voice box?
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Re: Storytelling ALF

Post by ALFanatic »

Alfer,

On "Storytelling ALF" in 100% working order eyebrows, ears, and mouth should all move when ALF cassette tape is played. Seller on eBay does not know what he is talking about, or is trying to cover up fact that eyebrow movenent of his "Storytelling ALF" no longer works.

With over 20 years having passed since release by Coleco in 1987, it is becoming more difficult to find a "Storytelling ALF" in 100% working order.

Note: If movement of mouth and ears are still working on the "Storytelling ALF" offered on eBay, you might wish to still consider purchase, if you can negotiate a very good price, since eyebrows are the least noticeable moving feature.

Mike
Alfer
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Alfer »

he just said after looking at it again the eye brows do move. he said he didn't play the tape long enough :wink: hmm
ALFanatic

Post by ALFanatic »

Alfer,

Movement of eyebrows on "Storytelling ALF", just like movement of mouth and ears, is not constant, but somehow syncronized to playing of the ALF cassette tape, and eyebrows do move less frequently that either mouth or ears. Still, prompts one to wonder how long eBay seller has owned and enjoyed use of his "Storytelling ALF". if he is just now noticing that ALF's eyebrows do in fact move.

Mike
Alfer
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Alfer »

yeah exactly.
well I've bought it now even though the person got rather shirty with me for asking so many questions.
I managed to buy it on ebay for $24.00 American dollars it was more money getting it posted to the UK than the actual Alf lol

Hopefully everything will be above board otherwise they will be getting a rather angry message back :evil: :lol:
ALFanatic

Post by ALFanatic »

Alfer,

Hope your eBay selller considers International travel, and takes time and effort to package well, so that "Storytelling ALF' safely makes long trip "across the pond". In preparation for arrival, suggest you "stock up" at the grocery store, since ALF likely to be very hungry when he gets there. HA!!!!!

Question: Does your purchase of "Storytelling ALF" include only the "one" ALF cassette tape which was inside retail packaging at time of original purchase? If so, you can now start search for the three additional ALF cassette tapes for "Storytelling ALF" that were sold separately. Retail sales of the three additional "Storytelling ALF" cassette tapes were made with much less frequency, so today they are a rare find.

Mike
Alfer
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Alfer »

yeah he's going to be one hungry alien life form thats for sure :lol:

The storytelling alf comes with little red riding alf, beauty n the alfer.and on the other side. Cinder alf. and the cat with no name so i'm not sure if thats the original tape you got with it. but i presume so.

The next step will be finding the other tapes. I see them on ebay from time to time. hopefully i'll find them sooner or later
Alfer
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Alfer »

Hey Mike you will never guess what i''m still waiting for my story telling ALF. lol it's been over 20 days!

I got a message through ebay from the lady i bought it from. She told me it was sent back because of my customs O_o Which seems like bs to me i've never had a problem before buying from the states. She said omething about it not being checked by a postal clerk. she showed me pictures of the box which confirms this. Still i don't understand why it would be stopped by customs. Alf is hardly a security risk lol

She email today it's been sent again so i've got to wait and see now. I hope it turns up this time because i'm getting slightly annoyed with this
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Customs can be a real pain if you have bad luck. I hope you'll get it this time.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFanatic

Post by ALFanatic »

Alfer,

Sorry to hear That ALF's arrival has become a problem. Based upon personal problems I have experienced with International shipments to and from U.S., seems like Customs officials everywhere are prone to making arbitrary decisions depedent on whether it has been a good , or a bad, day. Also we all must understand , subsequent to "911" and worldwide terroist concern, that Customs regulations everywhere are now much more strictly enforced.

In your post you mention that eBay seller has stated shipment rejected by UK Customs and returned with reason being not checked by postal clerk. Since seller is taking initiative to resend, I am inclined to belive statement is truthful; however, to me, statement warrants more clarification, if possible. Perhaps you might consider further email communication with seller in attemp to gain any additional information which could help prevent problems on the reshipment.

Wishing you good luck,

Mike
Alfer
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Alfer »

well it finally arrived. almost 2 months lol

But it was worth the wait. Storytelling ALF is awesome. I just need to find the other tapes now :D
ALFanatic

Post by ALFanatic »

Alfer,

Glad to hear the good news; however, now be advised that too much listening to ALF tell his stories may result in you having an American accent. HA!!!!!

Mike
Alfer
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Alfer »

or tell bad jokes which storytelling alf does lol