Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

ALF Meets Dorothy

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011
ALF Fan Since: 1986

ALF Meets Dorothy

Post by ALFsince86 »

I just watched the episode from Season One last night where ALF meets Dorothy (Kate's Mom). I hadn't watched that episode for years and when I saw it I realized it was very memorable. I remembered watching it with my Aunt when I was living with her family while my parents secured a new home in Virginia.

I like it because of ALF's statement to Willie: "Why do you always compare me to E. T.? Someday, I'm gonna be asked what you were like by a Melmac and I'm gonna say, 'He was something like the Nutty Professor!'" I'm a big fan--as many of you know--of Jerry Lewis, so I thought that like was cool and Willie is something like the nutty professor character.
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

That's very cool! That episode is so funny. I think Dorothy is good but she's kinda ennoying sometimes, but funny, even though ALF is more fynny :D

I'm sure many of you know it, but if you didn't. Anne Meara (Dorothy) is mother of the actor Ben Stiller. :)
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Jessica wrote:That's very cool! That episode is so funny. I think Dorothy is good but she's kinda ennoying sometimes, but funny, even though ALF is more fynny :D

I'm sure many of you know it, but if you didn't. Anne Meara (Dorothy) is mother of the actor Ben Stiller. :)
AND thewife of Jerry Stiller, who plays George Costanza's father on Seinfeld and also starred in King of Queens 8)
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

AxelFoley wrote:
Jessica wrote:That's very cool! That episode is so funny. I think Dorothy is good but she's kinda ennoying sometimes, but funny, even though ALF is more fynny :D

AND thewife of Jerry Stiller, who plays George Costanza's father on Seinfeld and also starred in King of Queens 8)
Yep thats right. they've been married since 1954.