Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Bring ALF back!

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Oh my bad Jeremiah, I thought you meant getting the sitcom back, with new episodes and all. Sorry for the confusion.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
AaronC
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by AaronC »

I bet ALF will make it back to TV someday, just how long will it take though lol, it would be nice if there was an ALF show that had good ratings, as far as the puppet goes, I bet they have more than one, or if nothing else they could make a new one, it would be kool if they made a movie about ALF's life on Melmac or something, that could be funny
Alf's Loyal Fan
Apprentice Lint Brush

ALF : The Movie ?

Post by Alf's Loyal Fan »

I was just talking to someone not to long ago when they said to me.

What 80's TV show hasn't been made into a big budget hollywood film ?

I said ALF. In his voice no less, not sure where I picked that up from ;)

We then got into a Puppet vs CGI debate.

I argued that Hollyood wouldn't use a Puppet as they are into CGI nowadays, which made me think, well if they're going to go CGI why waste it on one chracter, why not a full CGI movie end to end.

I thought about Melmac, done in CGI along with all theMelmacians, as a reason to justify the cost of all all CGI ALF movie.

The more I think about this the more I feel it would be the only thing that Holywood would try to do in this day and age.

Granted Paul could try to talk them into a live action film, but I don't think anyone in Hollywood would go for it, unfortunatly.
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

First of all I'd like to welcome you to the forum, ALF's Loyal Fan.

Second of all, it seems that with todays technology, a CGI ALF movie would be more likely than one with puppets, if Hollywood were really going for the idea.

Alf's Loyal Fan
Apprentice Lint Brush

Thanks for the welcome.

One thing that cheesed me off is that by the time the Cable Co here started carrying 'Oddessy' ALF was no longer on there. =(

Same thing happened with Hallmark, more or less, actually here Hallmark was shareing a channel with BET or some shuch, again, I missed seeing reruns of ALF. =P

I've been seriously thinking of just getting the DVD sets, as my VHS tapes of ALF have seen better days, much better days indeed, i've worn them out after repeated viewings, go fig. ;)

I've yet to wear out Project ALF on VHS, i'm trying. ;)

Then there's the talk show, why can't it be on when i'm awake ?

I don't see why they just don't show the Series on Sci-Fi I mean why not ?

Currently 'Talking' ALF sits on top on a dresser wearing a ALF tee that used to fit me but was washed once too often and can't fit me anymore, on him it's like those long tees that girls used to ware back in the day.

Anyhow, yea "The Movie" a.k.a. From Birth To Earth, HA ! I kill me !

I do see it being a CGI type film, if it ever gets made, but then again they are makeing Alvin & The Chipmunks into a film so why not ALF ?

Besides it'd be cool to see Skip, Ronda, Rick, Et Al, only not 2D this time around, along with Melmac itself, i'm not to sure about the ending tho' namely Melmac going Sha-boom, Sha-boom, and so forth before he crashes into a certain house in the suburbs in California, Fade out.

Alf's Loyal Fan
* Which if you abberivated it would spell ALF as well *
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

You should efinitely get the DVD's as well. The extras on season 1 & 2 are good, but ALF hosting the menues alone is enough reason for you to buy them ;)

About the film, I think it might be a bit too graphic to show the whole planet going up in smokes so maybe the movie would not have that part included, I don't know.

Alf's Loyal Fan
Apprentice Lint Brush

Perhaps skipping seeing Melmac go sha-boom sha-boom as part of the film itself and go right to ALF's ship crashing into the garage.

I don't think anyone in Tinsel Town will sign on a multi-film deal for ALF, but a one time only thing is more likely.

Hollywood has become more careful with that sort of thing nowadays.

Alf's Loyal Fan
* There was a spider in the garage and it was this big * [ Holds arms apart real close then real wide ]
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

Alf's Loyal Fan wrote:Perhaps skipping seeing Melmac go sha-boom sha-boom as part of the film itself and go right to ALF's ship crashing into the garage.

I don't think anyone in Tinsel Town will sign on a multi-film deal for ALF, but a one time only thing is more likely.

Hollywood has become more careful with that sort of thing nowadays.

Alf's Loyal Fan
* There was a spider in the garage and it was this big * [ Holds arms apart real close then real wide ]
Yeah, but I was thinking about new episodes, what you think about that?
Alf's Loyal Fan
Apprentice Lint Brush

New episodes after all this time ?

What do we call it ?

ALF : The Next Generation ?

Been there, done that ;)

Granted TNG was on TV about 20 years after TOS.

Alf's Loyal Fan
* You are no longer a cat, you are a bagel *