Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Eric Tanner

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Eric Tanner

Post by ALFsince86 »

As I am sure all of you are aware, Eric Tanner was born (on the series) in 1990. He would be 17-years-old this year.

He was introduced late in the comic book series and never got beyond age one.

It would have been interesting to have had an ALF TV Special around 1994 or so with the Tanner family involved. I remember Willie saying in an episode that Eric would grow up thinking that ALF was a normal part of every family and that having an alien with you would not be unique. I can imagine if the series had lasted until 1994 (or there had been a special) that he would be preschool age and telling his teachers and peers about ALF. It certainly would have been a new element to the series.

What would have been interesting is if by telling one of his friends (or a teacher) that we would find out that another Melmacian WAS living in the LA area. It stands to reason that if California, USA was where ALF crashed that others from his civilization may have had the same destination. Perhaps ALF would have been reunited with one of his friends or family members.

I decided to post this because I myself rarely even think about Eric, since he came on the series toward the end and was only a baby, but it goes to show the possibilities.
Delorean Dude 17
Asteroid Polisher

Post by Delorean Dude 17 »

Nice thoughts! i too rarely think about eric! i wonder if his first word would be ALF? :?:
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by ALFsince86 »

I also wonder if he would think of ALF as a person or pet. I doubt he would think of him as an alien, or knew what that meant, until he was older.
melmac_alf
Phlegm Dealer

Post by melmac_alf »

Love the episode with eric in it where he's crying and alf yells QUIET and he stops crying lol