Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

"Who are your stars"?

Post anything you want here. This is the place where you get away from it all. In short, this is a forum for "chit-chat" and things of that sort.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011
ALF Fan Since: 1986

"Who are your stars"?

Post by ALFsince86 »

I once heard (on audio tape) an interview with Jerry Lewis and the college professor who was interviewing him asked: "Who are your stars?...Whose work do you admire the most?"

I've thought since then that that's an interesting why to ask it, "Who are your stars", because, to me, that seems like it's not asking you to pick from celebrities (sometimes called stars), but the people who especially shine to you.

So...who are your stars...I'll share if you will:
QueenofMelmac
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by QueenofMelmac »

Definetely my mom. Shes a strong soul and very warm hearted. And then theres my little sister...who is 13 yet she acts like shes 35. shes beyond her years and i love her for always being my best friend.

And then theres my favorite band Silverchair. The lead singer and writer is a musical genious and their music is inspirational. And of course every rock artist has a story and his pain and struggle i can seriously relate to so i feel connected with his lyrics and sound.

And of course, Alf. For always being so upbeat and positive. For always making me smile and never letting any food go to waste.
"You are getting sleepy. You... are no longer a cat. You are a bagel. "
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by ALFsince86 »

Well, you told, so I'll tell...

Christ Jesus - for salvation, everything else, and the following people:

childhood friends - due to my severe heart condition my skin had a purple hue when I before my operation. Additionally, I wasn't able to be nearly as active as a typical child. My first friends had to be patience beyond their years. Thanks: Brad, Nate, Micah, and Justin.

teachers - Jane Smith, Mark Dycus, and Scott Revis. These folks didn't just teach academics, but gave real instruction on being a human being

my parents have been awfully good to me
QueenofMelmac
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by QueenofMelmac »

Aww you are really lucky you have all of those people in your life. Thanks for sharing :)
"You are getting sleepy. You... are no longer a cat. You are a bagel. "