Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

What ALF Merchandise are You Craving?

Just buy a new pair of ALF underwear? Brag about your collectibles and merchandise here.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011
ALF Fan Since: 1986

What ALF Merchandise are You Craving?

Post by ALFsince86 »

Some franchises have all the merchandise. It seems like the retro craze has brought back everything, at least for five minutes: Smurfs, Muppets, Planet of the Apes, and others have all been recently placed back on action figures, t-shirts, and the like. I realize that there have been some new ALF t-shirts, but is that ALL you want?

"Star Trek" and "Star Wars", of course, have been turn into just about everything you can mention...I say, it's ALF's turn up at bat.

I'd like to see...

ALF paperbacks, the fun kind they used to write as tie-ins for "Happy Days" and the "Brady Bunch", about 200 pages of an adventure not seen in the series, or a novelization of good episode ("M*A*S*H" and "Dallas" had these, too).

ALF action figures. Yes, there were some in the 1980s, but how would you feel if Brian, Lynn, Kate, Willie, and the neighbors were set in plastic.

Maybe the ALF fans are too mature to dream of items such as these, but it seems to me like the market is glutted with plenty of other similar junk.

And for those who are offended by the term junk, I wasn't counting ALF memorabilia in that.
Kristen
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Kristen »

I love the idea of an ALF paperback. Full House had a whole series of novels, actually several series, so why couldn't ALF? Of course, I don't think you could do it now, since Project ALF showed him not living with the Tanners anymore. Unless they write one where he meets up with them again or something. It would be interesting.

- Kristen
ALF:Friends with presents are the best kind of friends.

:lol:
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011

Post by ALFsince86 »

I didn't read them myself, but now that you mention them, I remember the "Full House" books.

They could probably write paperbacks with ALF and the Tanners, it would just be understood that they were based on the TV series prior to the finale. Just like there are "Star Trek" novels that take place during the TV series and others that occur during and after the motion pictures.
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

I wouldn't mind seeing some ALF paperback books (like someone mentioned). What I REALLY want is a decent ALF t-shirt...
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

They made Full House books? :? Oh my, YES ALF should get one as well :D
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011

Post by ALFsince86 »

A decent t-shirt would be nice, too. I had one that I got in 1989 with a cartoon ALF running to the fridge with the caption: "My Idea of Exercise is Jogging to the Refridgorator". However, now my idea of decent would be a photo t-shirt of the real ALF (real meaning, as seen on TV).