Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

I'm Not New, but I Never Introduced Myself...

Are you new here? Post a thread about here so we can get to know you a little better!

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011
ALF Fan Since: 1986

I'm Not New, but I Never Introduced Myself...

Post by ALFsince86 »

Hi, my name is ...oh, should I really tell you? ALFsince86. I suppose it wouldn't hurt you to know my horribly common first name: Mark. Hi, all.

Anyway, I have enjoyed ALF from the start, back in September 1986 when I was 12-years-old. "Star Wars" had done a lot for me to be interested in a show like ALF, and I really think George Lucas should have given ALF a cameo in the cantina scene for the Special Edition facelifts (as I call them, because I think they were unneccessary).

I hope to get back to writing as soon as my Disability is approved. Unfortunately, my heart condition got to a point where I am no longer able to work. I was born with a chronic heart problem and had corrective surgery in 1982, but about 20 years lataer my health started to fail again. It was only after I became unable to work that I learned (from my cardiologist) that 50% of the people with my condition are dead by age 30 (if you've done the math you've figured out I am 33).

My other entertainment interests are as follows: Jerry Lewis. I don't care if it's a telethon, a movie, or TV appearance, he's my favorite. I am looking forward to the animated "Nutty Professor" and the Broadway version of the film (both based on the classic, not the Eddie Murphy version).

I also enjoy "The Munsters", and the previously mentioned "Star Wars".

Musically, I am interested in a wide variety: Randy Stonehill, The Monkees, Pierce Pettis, Jan Krist, John Denver, Victoria Williams, Riki Michele, Steve Taylor, Chagall Guevara, Lost Dogs, and Honeytree.

More important to me is my faith in Christ Jesus.

That's a little bitty bit. I hope to get to know all of you on the forums as you get to know me better.
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

ALFsince86 (Mark),

No matter how long any of us may live, if we embrace humor (like ALF), there will always be some happiness every day.

Glad to have you with us,

Mike
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Mark, I'm very sorry to hear about your heart condition. By your taste in television I can tell you have a good sense of humor (which can only help matters when you're ill) - a good laugh almost always lifts the spirit.

Glad you're here at the forum with us!!!
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011

Post by ALFsince86 »

I agree with both of you. I have actually put in an episode of ALF, or a Jerry Lewis comedy, or some other funny film or show and truly have felt better afterwards.
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Hi Mark, it's great to have you here with us, hopefully we can share a few laughs together. This is a fun place to be.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011

Post by ALFsince86 »

Just wanted to update this by writing that my Social Security Disability has been approved. Yay!
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Congrats! Glad to hear that things are going your way.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
Delorean Dude 17
Asteroid Polisher

Post by Delorean Dude 17 »

I'm glad we share the same faith in Jesus, ALFsince1986, and it breaks my heart to hear about your heart condition. Welcome to the family!
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011

Post by ALFsince86 »

Thanks D Dude 17. Yes, that reminds me, I'd like to publicly thank the LORD Jesus Christ for the approval. Anyone who goes through the process will not deny that it takes an act of God. This is not a slam on the government, but a testimony of the kind of patience it takes when you are waiting for something so important.

Please don't let my situation break your heart. I have had a lot of good years and now, with the approval, I hope to turn my attention to writing a book I have had an idea for since 1999. I will be glad if I can finish that and see it published.