Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Troubleshooting

If you have any questions or comments regarding this forum or website you can post them here. Questions will be responded to promptly by one of the Administrators. Any important news, such as updates and down times, will be posted here as well.

Moderator: Administration Team

QueenofMelmac
Junior Orbit Guard

Troubleshooting

Post by QueenofMelmac »

I've been having a lot of trouble lately logging into this site and staying logged in. I try to post a topic or reply and i cannot because it keeps telling me im not logged in when i am. So i had to make it automatically remember me when i visit.

Also, When i submit a topic or reply it says invalid or it doesnt go through for some reason. So i have to keep on submitting it like up to 10 times. i dont know if im the only one having this problem.

Just wanted to make it known. Thanks

~Samantha
"You are getting sleepy. You... are no longer a cat. You are a bagel. "
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

QueenofMelmac,

As often mentioned before, my computer expertise is limited, and I anticipate Admin will soon post with beneficial, expert adivce; however, a possible consideration which might be causing problems could be your profile preference selection of online status as "hidden".

Mike
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

QueenofMelmac - I think we may have just found the problem you described in your other topic.

It sounds like your problem is having a "Cookie" problem. Cookies are just text that is transmitted between you and the server when you request pages on the Internet - this could also be why your computer has been freezing up on you. Can't say whether this will solve all of your computer problems (because I can't physically use your computer) but maybe it will.

What do you do about it?

Try restoring your Internet Explorer to the "default" options. To do that (assuming that you are using Windows XP):

1) Go to the "Start" menu
2) Select "Settings"
3) Go to the "Control Panel"
4) Choose "Internet Options"
5) Go to the "Advanced" tab
6) Towards the bottom of the window select "Restore Defaults

Secondly you could try:

1) Go to the "Start" menu
2) Select "Settings"
3) Go to the "Control Panel"
4) Choose "Internet Options"
5) Go to the "Security" tab
6) Choose the "Custom Level" button
7) Choose "Reset" and click "Yes"

QueenofMelmac, I hope this will solve your Internet problem...please keep us informed. At the very least you should have no problem logging in and staying logged in on online forums.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
QueenofMelmac
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by QueenofMelmac »

woah...thanks lol

Also, as of now my computer seems to be working. I downloaded adware and aol safety and security. My boyfriend seemed to know a great deal of things about this so he went on it and did some things and now it runs better. i dunno what he did but at the moment everything is fine. Thanks for the advice!
"You are getting sleepy. You... are no longer a cat. You are a bagel. "
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

I'm glad to hear your computer is working better!!!

I highly recommend downloading Spybot Search and Destroy too to run after Ad-Aware. In my experience Ad-Aware does not get everything (even though it is a fantastic program). Perhaps your boyfriend is familiar with the program.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com