No extras on season 4 DVD set!!!

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

No extras on season 4 DVD set!!!

Post by Admin »

Well, looks like there will be no extras on the season 4 DVD set (surprise surprise).

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6069
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Yeah I saw that a couple of hours ago, that sucks! They haven't heard anything about whether ALF will host the menues or not either. This is really depressing.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

Like Mom used to say, "Every cloud has a silver lining." At least the the link provides a larger photo of the cover for Season Four release. HA!

Mike
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

Yes guys, I agree when you say that it's nice for ALF to be on DVD but common...this is just getting pathetic! No extras? Maybe not even ALF hosting the menus? Thats really sad. It seems to me that LionsGate has rushed Seasons 3 and 4 just so they can get ALF off their list and don't have to hear the complaints anymore. I remember on the original episodes in the closing credits that guy saying "ALF is distributed by Warner Brothers Domestic Television Distribution". If only WB still had ALF. They would give us the royal ALF DVD treatment we deserve because Warner does very good DVD sets. Maybe I can "Ask ALF" and try to get Paul Fusco to do something about this.
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
ALF1986
Cat Wrangler

Post by ALF1986 »

I agree with you melmacian56, I think that if Warner Brothers still had ALF, maybe we could have gotten the uncut episodes and more special features. What is this that ALF eon't be hosting the menus like he had in 1,2 and 3? I think they are funny. To tell you the truth, I don't think that LionsGate is a very good DVD distributor. I think we could have had a liitle more of the features since it is the last season. If you can get Paul Fusco to answer any of your questions, can you post them on here? I am anxious to know what he would say. I think that it is dumb that we are going to have any features on there, that is very disappointing. I guess they want to get ALF off of their list. I bet that we will all be happy to have our collection complete.
artemis_kunzite
Phlegm Dealer

Post by artemis_kunzite »

the whole alf dvd relaase sucks, for me

it's just lacking... i mean, the episodes are cut, the extras are dissapointing...what can i say? the fact that there will be no extras in the 4th pack it's just the last straw...
ak
tazz765
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by tazz765 »

Actually, Warner Brothers has a habit of abandoning season sets after the first one. At least Lions Gate finished the series.
melmacian56

Post by melmacian56 »

Yes you are right. At least LionsGate did finish the series but if LionsGate had not screwed things up, there would be higher sales of ALF on DVD and yes, WB has a habit of abandoning series on DVD. There is a reason for that because it's called poor sales. But I am sure that if WB was doing ALF on DVD, they wouldnt be abandoning it because ALF is highly in demand on DVD. There still must be good sales if LionsGate is finishing the ALF series. The best sets I have seen WB do so far is Smallville and the Dukes of Hazzard. Excellent work by WB.
artemis_kunzite
Phlegm Dealer

Post by artemis_kunzite »

it was just wrong to cut alf episodes

is there a reason?
ak
SpazzInPink
Asteroid Polisher

Post by SpazzInPink »

Hmm well that sucks. No extras? And the episodes are cut. :roll: I guess we can't do much about it though, at least we get the dvd sets at all.
ALF
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2005

Post by ALF »

Oh come on, that's rubbish! :evil: Hey, what if Columbia Tristar did it?
melmacian56

Post by melmacian56 »

It has been confirmed today that the only extra feature on the ALF Season 4 Set is the interactive menus hosted by himself. It is too bad the final season will not include any special features to go out with a bang :( You can see the back art and 3-D front cover art at this link:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6161
ALF1986
Cat Wrangler

Post by ALF1986 »

Melmacian56, thanks for sending the link to be able see the season 4 artwork. It looks neat. I can't wait for September 5. Also, I am very happy that we can all have our collection completed even if the sets are syndicated. I AM VERY HAPPY!!!!!
ALF Fanatic
Cat Wrangler

Post by ALF Fanatic »

Other than the Easter Egg and two episodes from season three, the season 4 DVD release was a let down. There should have been a reunion featurette at least.
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Some interviews at the least would have been nice...
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com