Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

ALF should be put back on tv

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

the_one
Asteroid Polisher

ALF should be put back on tv

Post by the_one »

I am huge fan of ALF and I think they world would love to see him back on tv once again something needs to be done about this because everyone could use a little humor here and there
"Yo - Lucky, my man"
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

ALF is shown in some other countries throughout the world (India being one example) but I agree that it should be in the United States too (I think that's what you were implying). If you have any suggestions as to how to go about this we could all work together on it. ALF is definitely one of the most under-rated shows ever...I guess some people just don't have a sense of humor :D

PS: Welcome to the forum!!!
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

the_one,

Three Ideas:

Nationwide reruns of the "ALF TV Series" by all of the big 4 commercial networks should be incorporated as an integral element into the President's "No Child Left Behind" Program.

Recently read that there is soon to be "Baby Channel" on Cable TV intended for viewing by mothers with their 0 - 3 year old infants. Reruns of the "ALF TV Series" should frequently be aired on this new channel. Never too early to start grooming new ALF fans.

Economic sanctions should be decreed by United Nations on any, and all, nations that do not frequently air reruns of "ALF TV Series" on their major TV networks.

Almost forgot, glad to have you join us on the Forum.

Mike
the_one
Asteroid Polisher

Post by the_one »

First off thanks for welcoming me. As for a suggestion I think we should get as many ALF fans as possible to sign a letter wanting ALF back on TV or something like that. Thats not the greatest idea but thats all I can think of as of this moment. If anybody else has any suggestions be sure to post them here.
"Yo - Lucky, my man"
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

I agree, I think it's crazy that ALF is not on TV in a major TV channel in the US.

And to you, The One, welcome to the board! I love your quote, on eof my favourite ALF quotes! :) "Yo Lucky my man!"
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
SpazzInPink
Asteroid Polisher

Post by SpazzInPink »

I, like all other members here, agree that ALF should be back on the air. It's very rediculous how they'll show some old shows, yet not ALF. :roll:
I think that maybe starting a petition could work, though not very likely, as people have tried already.

This has ways to contact some channels:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corrido ... fback.html
ALFShumway865
Cat Wrangler

Post by ALFShumway865 »

Hey guys, been a while :)

Yes, I concur with what has been said. It really stinks that some lousy shows are still on the air and good wholesome shows like ALF aren't. :?

From,
Nick

PS: Hey, welcome dude! :D
ALF will rule the world!
ALF
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2005

Post by ALF »

Yeah, it really sucks. If it did happen to come back though, there's a high percentage chance that it will be aired on either TV Land or Action 36 Cable 6. I hope so. After all, having a username like "ALF" would make me famous as soon as it aired! :D
the_one
Asteroid Polisher

Post by the_one »

So whens the new petition going to put on the site be sure to let me know. Only 9 more days till season 3 on DVD
"Yo - Lucky, my man"
meltinjohn
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by meltinjohn »

ALFShumway865 wrote:Hey guys, been a while :)

Yes, I concur with what has been said. It really stinks that some lousy shows are still on the air and good wholesome shows like ALF aren't. :?

From,
Nick

PS: Hey, welcome dude! :D

TV is just not worth watching anymore. It would be interesting to remake Alf and have it so the kids are all grown up completely into their adult lives.
I mean everything on tv is total trash. The hughleys, parkers, king of queens, raymond, desperate housewives. Nothing caters to families anymore. All those shows I listed are not family oriented entertainment. Raymond may be the closest it gets. ALF is a top 5 all time show. Maybe even top 3.
ALF Fanatic
Cat Wrangler

Post by ALF Fanatic »

Alf definitely needs to go back on television as well as the Honeymooners, Friday the 13th the Series, and Mr. Belvedere.
MR. Littwack
Cat Wrangler

Post by MR. Littwack »

Alf definitely needs to go back on television as well as the Honeymooners, Friday the 13th the Series, and Mr. Belvedere.

Maybe, they'll remake all those into one series. Mr. Belvedere gets married, starts driving a bus, and hacks up people with a hatchet. they could even make it a reality show. He meets real people on the streets and hacks them up.

As far as getting ALF back on the air, here's my idea:

Let's all pick a day next week. We'll all go at the same time world wide down to our nearest tv station or government office, all of us dressed up as ALF. Be sure to bring protest signs as well as torches and pitchforks, and begin chanting "Bring back ALF! Bring back ALF!"

That'll get some attention.

Or we could sign a petition or something. All joking aside, if there is a petition, I know quite a few people who would sign it. I'm in!
"I think that guy Littwack is building an A-bomb in the basement"
ALF1986
Cat Wrangler

Post by ALF1986 »

I agree that ALF should be brought back to TV. My recordings are at least 5 years old. I recorded them off of the Odyssey Network when they were running it. Granted that I did watch ALF during the original series run. I just was not able to get the show recorded back then, I was little still. That is why when the Odyssey Network starting running them again, I got has many tapes recorded as I could get, I have 5 tapes. When Hallmark took over Odyssey, I was not happy, they took ALF off the air. It has not been on since.