Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

What I would like for future DVD releases

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALF Fanatic
Cat Wrangler

What I would like for future DVD releases

Post by ALF Fanatic »

What I would like for future DVD releases such as season 3 or 4 is a cast reunion featurette of the Tanner family.

I also like a featurette of Paul Fusco talking about the series and explaining why the syndication episodes were used and not the original broadcasts.
ALFShumway865
Cat Wrangler

Post by ALFShumway865 »

Good ideas. Hope they become reality. I want to know they felt putting syndicated episodes on a DVD set was a good idea instead of taking the time to simply clean the originals up. I'd much rather have to wait a while than have syndicated eps.
ALF will rule the world!
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

Concerning syndicated episodes of ALF TV series being used for DVD release, recently I read a post on another ALF Forum by someone who (although providing no credentials) seemed most knowledgeable about the TV industry.

This person claimed Warner Bros. still retains sole ownership of the "original" ALF TV episodes and, for reasons unknown, is not interested in negotiating the domestic release of the "original" episodes on DVD.

If this information is indeed factual, it offers the most logical explanation I have read to date as to why syndicated episodes appear on Season One and Season Two DVD sets.

Mike
LordHelmetJr
Cat Wrangler

Post by LordHelmetJr »

I would like to see a retrospective with the cast and crew, and some of the original NBC promos. And perhaps several interviews with fans relating Alf's lasting influence in our lives to this day.
Gordo
Phlegm Dealer

Post by Gordo »

ALFanatic wrote:
This person claimed Warner Bros. still retains sole ownership of the "original" ALF TV episodes and, for reasons unknown, is not interested in negotiating the domestic release of the "original" episodes on DVD.

I think the Lorimar/Warners deal ran out and Warners now only control the international distribution - so they would only be behind any non north american DVD release like the German one. There isn't a difference in ownership of the syndicated show and the show "as broadcast" anyway - they are both the same property. It's more likely they used the syndicated prints as they had already been digitally transferred, remastered and already had the music tracks replaced to save money on music licensing. It meant LGF didn't have to do anything to the footage and could just spend the extra money on the new ALF stuff for the menus. They are hoping the average joe on the street is not going to notice the cuts and will like seeing ALF in the slick menus, wheras the longtime ALF fans (although its always great to see anything new from ALF) would probably have preffered a DVD with just the full broadcast episodes and nothing extra if thats what it took.
Dingodilelover
Cat Wrangler

Post by Dingodilelover »

All I really want are good bonus features and the complete, un-cut epidodes.
"If Simon and Garfunkel don't like coffee, I'll be wondering where their taste buds went wrong." Quote from my comic strip's main character, Butch.
klintan
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by klintan »

Off topic but i will se a new start of the serie ALF that maybe alf has escape from the alien taskforce and come to a new family or anything but it will never happend,
ALF
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

I would like to see fans interview Paul Fusco - I for one would love a chance to ask him a question or two.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
ALF Fanatic
Cat Wrangler

Post by ALF Fanatic »

I would like to see a featurette of all scenes deleted for syndication, plus new issues of seasons 1 and 2 with the featurette of deleted scenes.
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

I think the deleted scenes from the syndicated episodes is an awesome idea! I think that that would help clear some of the dirty air between Lions Gate Entertainment and the fans.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
ALF Fanatic
Cat Wrangler

Post by ALF Fanatic »

I also want an explanation from either Lions Gate or Paul Fusco on why the episodes were placed out of order.
Gordo
Phlegm Dealer

Post by Gordo »

According to Lions Gate they had both versions of the show (broadcast & syndicated) and the show creators decided to use the syndicated versions as they felt it was edited tighter and the quality was very good already. Whether thats a true reflection of what happened is another story. I would guess the episodes are out of running order due to space on the discs.
ALF Fanatic
Cat Wrangler

Post by ALF Fanatic »

They could have at least listed the airdate of each episode.
supershaun86
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by supershaun86 »

I would like for someone from the show(actors,directors,producers)to do commertaries for each episode like other shows I own have like The Simpsons.It woud be interesting to see what they about each ep

I would also like to see a where are they now? type thing with the cast that would also be interesting
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Here are things I want on the extras for season 3 & 4:

1. Audio commentary on at least 1 episode with some cast member, including ALF.

2. Another gag-reel, can't go wrong with that!

3. Picture gallery

4. ALF hosting the menues (of course)

5. Deleted scenes

There are probably some things I've forgotten to put here, but these are some of the tings I want for the future releases of season 3 & 4.

By the way, this is my 100th post here on the board! :)
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALF Fanatic
Cat Wrangler

Post by ALF Fanatic »

I pretty guarantee that ALF will host the menus for season three as he did with the previous season set releases.

I would appreciate it if they put all the scnese lost for syndication in a deleted scene section and add scenes cut from seasons 1 and 2. Plus a 30 minute featurette reuniting ALF and the cast of the show would be nice.