Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

ALF in the episode Night Train

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

opey_69101
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by opey_69101 »

hey guys. i recently got my season 2 dvd of ALF and was outraged to find out that on night train they cut out the scene where alf and willy start singing that song. i cant remember what it is though. if anyone knows what it is can they post the lyrics or something. maybe even tell me where i can find a video or audio clip. thanks guys.
Kyle MacDonald
ALFShumway865
Cat Wrangler

Post by ALFShumway865 »

The song was "City of New Orleans". Unfortunately, I dont know where to find the clip... :(

Nick
ALF will rule the world!
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

If I remember correctly, I think it is just the chorus from "The City of New Orleans" song that Willie and ALF sing. Complete lyrics of the song can be found by doing "Google" search, but here is text of the chorus should it be of help.

Chorus:

Good morning America how are you?

Don't you know me I'm your native son,

I'm the train they call The City of New Orleans,

I'll be gone five hundred miles when the day is done.

Unfortunately, I also am not aware of any ALF site where this sound clip is available.

Mike
opey_69101
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by opey_69101 »

hey thanks guys. i appreciate it. that really got me furious when they cut that part out of the episode.
Kyle MacDonald
ALFShumway865
Cat Wrangler

Post by ALFShumway865 »

I know, isnt that just disgusting! I wish they would have AT LEAST included that part, for it was one of my fav's in the whole episode...
ALF will rule the world!
ALF Fanatic
Cat Wrangler

Post by ALF Fanatic »

Out of all the scenes that were deleted in the syndicated versions, I wish they left the ALF dreaming of him talking to his friends in the episode "Help Me Rhonda". After looking at it, you could tell there's something more to it. Let's hope they bring back the original version on DVD.
pacman23
Cat Wrangler

i have the original eps

Post by pacman23 »

yeah i have that .. all of the origianl alf eps form the 80's . i left post on here before talking about how the original tapings are etter then the dvds casue they didnt edit anything out . dontknwo why they do that stuff ..knowing fas will not be happy that htey take parts out of shows .. i dontk now if anyone else notices but i think the theme songs is diffrent sounding htant he original shows.. jsut sounds like it .. im currently workin on the originals to put on dvd to save. plus i have alfs spcecail show and dailyes..

email me if u have any questions or have somehtigni dont thanks

spinmaster23@hotmail.com