Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

News on Possible ALF Movie

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

News on Possible ALF Movie

Post by Admin »

Hello - I was recently informed by Kyle MacDonald about the possibility of an ALF movie. According to the online source it is currently being written by Peter Bonerz (who worked on a few episodes of the ALF sitcom during the first season) with a release date of 2006. Here is the link:

http://www.movietome.com/movietome/serv ... the_Movie/

Does anyone know anything about the website in question? They seem to have information on lots of movies (both released and unreleased).
Last edited by Admin on Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

I think it was said during the commentary on the ALF Files DVD that there was plans for an ALF movie.
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
LordHelmetJr
Cat Wrangler

Post by LordHelmetJr »

I'll believe this more readily when I hear something more concrete. Since making sitcoms into films is all they want to do these days, I'm sure someone is planning something, but to be even remotely watchable for me, it would have to include more or less the orignal creative team and a genuinely original storyline.
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

Exactly LordHelmetJr. If they make an ALF movie, it better not go to shame like they did to the Dukes Of Hazzard and Starsky and Hutch. I would enjoy this project if it came to the BIG screen. Here in Canada, our #1 comedy "The Trailer Park Boys" (which is an excellent show) is coming to the big screen next summer. ALF could make it to the big screen. I think it would draw more fans and ALF back to peoples memories.
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
LordHelmetJr
Cat Wrangler

Post by LordHelmetJr »

The way it shouldn't go is the route the afformentioned films of these types seem to endlessly do, that Alf would lose all of his endearing qualities in exchange for doing just sick humor, and Willie would be a workaholic deadbeat with no time for family--the absolute antithesis of what he really is--bent on getting rid of him, by whatever uncouth means necessary, even though he'd have an unbeleiveable change of heart after finally succeeding in this. We've seen enough films of this type to last us a lifetime, and very few of them were any good.
klintan
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by klintan »

if they do a movie i hope it will be many who watch it so someone maybe want put it on TV again.
ALF
Dingodilelover
Cat Wrangler

Post by Dingodilelover »

I just hope they don't make a good show into a cheap poorly-done movie. However, the prospect of ALF the movie is promising.
"If Simon and Garfunkel don't like coffee, I'll be wondering where their taste buds went wrong." Quote from my comic strip's main character, Butch.
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

Over the years, I've died a thousand deaths by holding my breath, while awaiting rumors of an ALF movie to come true.

Mike
ALF Fanatic
Cat Wrangler

Post by ALF Fanatic »

If there is an ALF movie, I hope ALF reunites with his girlfriend Rhonda, friend Skip, and the whole Tanner clan.