Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Approval Process?

If you have any questions or comments regarding this forum or website you can post them here. Questions will be responded to promptly by one of the Administrators. Any important news, such as updates and down times, will be posted here as well.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFShumway865
Cat Wrangler

Approval Process?

Post by ALFShumway865 »

Hi Jerry ( Admin),

I got an idea to reduce these spammers. If the ppB bulletin boards have whats called an approval process( the admin has to approve the accounts) you could use that to get rid of these inactive spammer accounts. Just a thought...

Nick
ALF will rule the world!
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Hi, thanks for posting.

I am using something similar to that now. At the moment I have to "activate" all accounts before anyone can post or use the forum. I get an e-mail where I can activate the account - if I choose not to activate it I have to physically go into the administration panel and delete them from the database (at the present time there is no other way of doing it that I am aware of). I also have the option of blocking the e-mail addresses (which would solve all of the problems) but that part of the board is damaged/missing at this time. One of these days, when I have the time, I am going to delete the forum (with several backups in place of course) and reinstall it so I will be able to use this feature. I will look into it further.

Thanks for posting!
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com